General Boards > Sources for Suppliers, Parts and Maintenance Materials

Independant Shop in Central Iowa

(1/1)

Bob Disney:
I am new to the Beaver experience but am enjoying it thoroughly.
I recently purchased a  2005 Monterey Ventura IV and am loving it.
When we purchased it I was unable to verify exactly when the last overhead was done.
I went to the local Des Moines Iowa  Cat. dealer and was informed that they do not and will not work on pusher motor homes.
After some searching I came across a independent shop that was very happy to work on the Beaver
They are in a small town of Cumming Iowa just SW of Des Moines. and very happy to work on the class A pushers
When I called them we were able to set up an appointment the next week for a overhead and oil change.
They called me that afternoon and told me it was done and I could pick it up any time. I paid over the phone and picked it up after hours that evening.
I don't see much activity from the Beaver club in central Iowa as I think there may only two members within a hundred miles of me.
Next year there is a scheduled event in the Amana Iowa area so I assume there could be some traffic through our area.
The Shop is about 10 miles south of the I-35/ I-80 interchange on the west side of Des Moines Iowa and less than 1 mile of the Interstate to the east located in the north end of the tiny town of Cumming Iowa.
The shop is a very professional business with 6 or 8 bays and a tidy appearance.
If you are intending to be passing through and in need of a oil change or have any engine or drive train related issues I highly recommend them.
They also do roadside repair so it may be a good number to keep handy   

Absolute Repair
347 N 44th st
Cumming Iowa
888-601-7073

Bob Disney

Bryan Beamon:
Bob we are finding more and more Cat dealers no longer keep truck mechanic on their staff ever since they stop making over the road truck engines. Therefore is is a good idea find alternative engine repair especially if the repair locations have the Cat ET diagnostic software to trouble shoot your engine.

Dennishunt:
Hello Bob:

This is great information as those of us with a C-9 engine know the need for a good, thorough, and honest repair facility.

Thanks

Dennis Hunt
2009 Beaver Monterey Sunset
CAT C-9
Towing 2001 Lexus RX 300
Demco Kar Kaddy tow Dolly

Bob Disney:
It’s not that they don’t do trucks
Just will not do motorhomes

Joel Ashley:
If when you need service you go to the CAT site and click “Find a dealer”, then choose the “Parts and Services” and “On Highway Truck Engines” filter options, you can zero in on some to ask if they work with motorhomes.

https://www.cat.com/en_US/support/maintenance.html

Joel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version