Author Topic: Air Suspension Hose Diagram  (Read 2087 times)

Peter Whiting

• BAC Member
    • Seattle Yachts
Air Suspension Hose Diagram
« on: July 08, 2020, 05:05:37 AM »
Since taking delivery of our new-to-us 2008 Beaver Contessa, we have had a very loud bang coming from the right front suspension when we drive over a small (or large) bump or pothole.  We were very fortunate to meet the previous owner through the Beaver Facebook page.  (we bought the coach from a dealer)  He graciously came up today to acquaint us with all the wonderful upgrades and improvements he made during the years he owned it.  He also was going to help us solve the banging as he stated that when he owned the coach, it was like driving on a cloud (that smooth). 

He immediately identified the reason for the banging was the coach not riding level, but being down on the right front.  He crawled under the rear and found an air line completely missing and a red plug placed where it should have been routed from. He theorized the wholesale dealer he sold the coach to must have removed the hose, perhaps due to a leak or failure of the leveling valve.   :-[

Long story shortened....without a diagram of where the air lines should run, we couldn't figure out how to route a new air line.  Does anyone here have a diagram?  It is an air ride, air leveling system (no hydraulics).

Thanks in advance.
2008 Beaver Contessa Pacifica 40

Mike Shumack

Re: Air Suspension Hose Diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 11:54:57 AM »
The air supply to the rear Ride Height Valves comes from the air tank (supply), and goes into the HWH manifold, then through HWH to the air bags. There are two Ride Height Valves in the rear. Do both RHV have a supply and delivery line connected to them?

Where is the red plug you found located? is this plug a "plastic" push in to keep dirt out of a port (if so it would be on the "delivery" side, or is it a threaded plug on the air "supply" side of the circuit?

I don't have an air system diagram for your Coach, but I have one for a 2006 Signature which should be pretty close. I'll attach the smaller file here (the others I have are too large to attach). PM me if you want them and I'll e-mail them to you, however I think you can get the info you need off the diagram below.
The following users thanked this post: Peter Whiting

Peter Whiting

• BAC Member
    • Seattle Yachts
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:48:54 PM »
Thank you Mike.  I PM'd you.

Peter Whiting

• BAC Member
    • Seattle Yachts
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
We got the actual diagram from Valid Manufacturing but now find the front leveling valve is bad.  Do we know if it is a Hadley 450 Valve?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »
Source Engineering in Veneta Or. Is a good resource.  Jim and Scott worked for Monaco and did much of the engineering and design on the chassis.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Peter Whiting

• BAC Member
    • Seattle Yachts
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
Tech support from Hadley, working from home, returned my call within minutes of my leaving a message.  He confirmed the leveling valves on our 2008 Beaver Contessa were the H01500UV.  They would require inserts to step down from 3/8” to 1/4” air line.

I began calling a couple of truck parts distributors locally and found they listed the valve in their systems but had none in stock.  Next week was the best guess as to when I would receive one.

I called Freightliner Northwest, where the coach is being worked on, to confirm the part number with them.  After giving her the part number, Kelsey (service writer) said, “you know, we just may have one of those in stock”..... low and behold they did and the coach was ready for pick up last night.

Freightliner Northwest in Mount Vernon, WA is a good resource if you ever need service on your Beaver while in this area.