Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Eric,
Interesting re the **. My Contessa started showing them awhile ago, but only with ignition key off. Had no issue starting or running.
Steve
Shane
Another thing that can be done to help increase the efficiency of the roof top units especially in very hot and direct sun areas is to lift the cover off and apply a
Stick on sheet of insulation like that used in automobile floors to the evaporator housing to help cut down on the outside temperature interfering with the temperature inside the evaporator housing ( of course this only applies to the units which have a sheet metal evaporator housing box and not the Styrofoam units as some of the new units have )

If running the unit with the cover off increases the cold output you may find the condenser air flow is somewhat restricted by the cover design
I have seen people cut out the louvers on the back panel and replace them with a heavy mesh screen to help with this but the units should work as designed.

If you are getting a delta T (temperature change ) from intake to discharge of 20* then the unit is working correctly and you simply don't have enough BTUs to over come the heat load on the coach .
In this case you can look at either better insulation, better shelter from direct sun or more / larger A/c units.
The glass in a coach especially the windshield are the first places to start as mentioned in earlier posts the sun load through the windshield can create a mayor heat load.
This can be combated with a windshield cover which stops the suns entry the side windows can be helped with window awnings .
Solar panels with an air gap under them can also shade the roof somewhat to offset the direct sun load.

Eric
Technical Support / Re: Transmission Pad - Patriot won't start
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on July 18, 2024, 08:20:28 PM »
In our 2004 Marquis the black plastic, clam-shell-like, transmission relay box with two fuses inside is located directly under the transmission keypad to the left of the driver's knee.  Access to the relay box is made by removing the vertical panel to the left of the driver's seat.  I found the relay box a few inches beneath the transmission keypad.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 18, 2024, 07:53:49 PM »
Randy
The picture you posted is not the cat eyes but what they call a double asterisk
The double asterisk indicates that the shift pad has no communication from the transmission.

See as this all started after having the batteries out and back in that would be the first place to start.
Recheck your battery cables for correct connections and proper polarity of all chassis battery connections
Check behind the batteries as it's not uncommon to have a cable drop down behind the batteries out of sight and miss being reconnected
Assuming they are all properly connected next move on to the transmission power feed
You should find two inline fuse holders near the chassis battery they should be 14 ga wires with an ATO 10 amp fuse in each
There should also be a pair of 14 ga dedicated ground wires as well.
One is for the engines ECM and the other is for the transmission TCM.
If the TCM fuse is not blown and there is a good 12+volt and the grounds are good move on to the transmission relay box
If those fuses are ok and their related grounds are good then move on to the forward electrical bay (under drives compartment)
Where you should find the black plastic transmission relay box remove the cover on that box and check the two fuses in it ( looking for a blower fuse)
Next go under the coach and check the transmission wire harness connector at the transmission for loose or poor connection.

Let us know what you find
Eric
« Last post by Gene Obie on July 18, 2024, 07:01:11 PM »
Allison youtube video (presumably newer models) indicate you can attempt to clear DTC codes by pressing and holding MODE for 10seconds. Not sure if it would apply to your vintage.
« Last post by Randy Stephenson on July 18, 2024, 02:43:58 PM »
Eric, I found the cateye code display = primary shift selector fault. Troubleshooting is clear the active code 23XX.  Since the pad does not respond, I'm not sure how to clear the code.  Active indicator clearing procedure is defined as: Power Down, Manual, Self-Clearing.

Do you experience clearing a code?  Hopefully, a reader is not required?
Thanks for the information.  The last time I had the coach at the repair shop I recommend that exact product to them.  They had a hard time dealing with that company and said they had received that product and it was made incorrectly and had them mail out product 2 times to the exact dimensions that they went over the phone and emails with them so the RV repair shop found another product and I'm not sure of the manufacture or where they got it from but here is a couple pictures of it and that they have installed it in both front rear AC units.  I would say that yes it has helped but still not enough to make the coach comfortable. 

Me and my wife will be going on a weekend trip with the coach this weekend so I will put the front window exterior sun shades on and stuff the front upper cab with insulation before we leave and will see if or how much this all helps.

Technical Support / Re: 100 amp Switch
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 18, 2024, 01:09:23 PM »
Randy
That is a circuit breaker the amperage should be written on it
As for what is is feeding power to ( I don't know) but the amperage should give you a clue
You could always push the small red button to trip the breaker and see what in the coach becomes nonfunctional.
That looks like an aftermarket installation for something a previous owner may have installed .
You may have to follow the wiring to find out where it goes.

Eric
« Last post by Randy Stephenson on July 18, 2024, 01:03:18 PM »
Thanks Eric!
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 18, 2024, 12:39:12 PM »
Randy
In the coach assist section of the forum you will find the Allison transmission troubleshooting manual
It should walk you through the diagnostic process.

Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10