Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Technical Support / Inteletec multiplex programming
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 13, 2024, 01:29:01 AM »
For those of you who have the inteletec multiplex systems in your coach
I thought this video would be of interest, it shows where to get new modules and how to program them.
Many of you may follow James and the AZ expert you tube channel ( he is a Beaver owner and very knowledgeable RV tech )

https://youtu.be/dUIGrQIxsZU?si=GpMTI_qrHozbUaWG

Hope someone finds this useful
Eric
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Laguna 4
« Last post by Mark Hoovler on July 09, 2024, 09:42:47 PM »
Thank you for the information, I will contact them

Mark
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Laguna 4
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on July 09, 2024, 08:49:55 PM »
shadepro.net
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Laguna 4 Slide Top Awnings
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 09, 2024, 08:30:09 PM »
I had good luck with Tough Top's vinyl slide top awnings.
Steve
Technical Support / 2006 Monterey Laguna 4
« Last post by Mark Hoovler on July 09, 2024, 07:44:18 PM »
Looking for a source to replace the slide out awnings.  Has anyone had any luck with this?
Thanks Mark
Technical Support / Re: AC dead
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 09, 2024, 01:51:55 PM »
Greg,

The 12v circuit is used to power your thermostats. If they don't have power the ACs won't work.

Coach Assist has a manual for a 5 button thermostat. It shows that 12v to the thermostats comes from the AC control box. I assume that it is in the AC unit up top and a 10 or 12 button unit would be wired similarly.

My approach would be to unplug the phone cable from the back of both thermostats and see if the fuse holds or blows. If it blows, the problem is with one of the other 2 circuits if feeds; TV booster or satellite TV,. If it holds, plug one of the T'stats in at a time to see which one is causing the issue.

12v to the control box is probably coming directly from the fuse, which is why it isn't shown in the wiring diagrams. You can also Google your thermostat part# to see if you can find a manual on it.

Steve
« Last post by Greg Ross on July 09, 2024, 03:59:11 AM »
What I need is a secquence of operation and if possible a 12 volt schmatic for the ACs
Thanks for all your responses.
Greg
« Last post by Greg Ross on July 09, 2024, 03:47:06 AM »
Power is Good
Shane
As others have pointed out most of the newer coaches are not well insulated but that is only part of the equation .
As with any HVAC system air flow is pairimount and the way the roof air units are ducted are at best lacking because they have to move both return air and conditioned air through a 14 inch square hole in the roof.
It is important that the ducts be opened properly at the a/c and that the baffle separate return air from out going conditioned air or the system will just circulate air in a loop through the A/C unit and not out to the ducts and registers.
Most roof A/C systems dump the conditioned air down into a box in closure with a duct running out in either direction at a 90 degree angle from the way it comes in through the roof this results in a lot of turbulence and poor air flow through the duct work.

The link below shows just how big a difference you can get by smoothing that air flow out .
In the HVAC world it's well know that any right angle turn in a duct or pipe adds the equivalent of 10 feet of pipe or duct and the losses associated.
Notice in this video the first thing they found was the ducts where partially blocks at the A/C ducts right at the A/C unit which would likely have been their greatest gain in CFM (cubic feet per minute) . But even at that it's hard to deny the overall improvement.

https://youtu.be/w8Sndhyveu0?si=4QMR32fnL2ZzEJGB

Hope this helps
Eric
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10