Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Technical Support / Re: 2006 dometic fridge
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 06, 2024, 01:52:22 AM »
« Last post by Ricardo Vela on July 06, 2024, 12:48:58 AM »
The  Dometic fridge Model # NDA 1402 Ser.#547-00022
I found a bad defrost heater element. The number is 3851411011 which is no longer available.
need help finding replacement or a different solution.
thank you
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 05, 2024, 09:31:17 PM »
Richardo
If you can give us the model of your fridge we might be able to help.

As for the icing as previously mentioned the ice is a result of moisture infultration into the cabinet this can be from poor door seals or doors that don't close properly or doors that are opened too often.
The ice will usually build up on the aluminum cooling fins as they are the coldest part of the fridge cabinet.
The fridge should maintain temperature between 35* and 40*
In a normally operating fridge this ice will start building up over the period of 6 to 8 weeks depending on relative humidity.
Our fridge would last about that long before requiring defrosting to remove the ice after installing the fan setup in link below I can go 5 or  6 months without defrosting as a side benefit the fridge cools faster and more evenly the fan just makes the fridge work better all over.

To help alleviate this ice build up and even out the cooling in the cabinet you can install a fin fan system this will run all the time moving the air around the interior of the cabinet which evens out the temperature throughout the cabinet and reduce the ice build up on the colder surface they make a big difference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BPYXS8?tag=rvingknowhow08-20

Hope this helps
Eric
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 05, 2024, 08:17:52 PM »
Welcome to the club
A couple points.  I am not a fan of gas absorption fridges since electric residential have improved so much.  The over freezing ice you describe might be bad seals on the doors allowing moist air in.  Ours does that too and it’s residential.  Replacement seals may not be available but an option is to heat the seal with warm air.  Sometimes it helps. 
The defrost is the main issue but short of contacting a salvage yard I can’t help there. 
Best of luck
Technical Support / 2006 dometic fridge
« Last post by Ricardo Vela on July 05, 2024, 08:03:51 PM »
I have a 2006 Beaver Monteray 40'..  the dometic fridge has an error 13.  {disconnected or broken defrosting element in drain
tube/tray}. I removed the element it has a short. unfortunately it is no longer available.   what are my options? i like the fridge it works well.  its the side wall next to the lce maker that over freezes with ice.
thank you
General Discussion / Towing a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid
« Last post by Bob Dunlap on July 05, 2024, 04:40:12 PM »
We're selling our toad, a 2014 Ford Fiesta (anyone interested?) and replacing it with a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid.  I've heard that the Roadmaster base plate and tow bars are the way to go (less cutting out of the front facia.  We have the Duo Stay-N-Play braking system on out Fiesta and love it.  Does anyone have any experience on installing the Stay-N-Play on a Maverick?  Need to know any difficulties in installation and how it works on the Maverick platform.
Technical Support / Dash Vent controls
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 05, 2024, 03:20:28 AM »
Having had the dash A/C completely redone we haven’t used it since.  Today I fired that up and found the A/C - Heat - Defrost mode switch made no difference.  It was stuck in defrost mode so no A/C.  Thanks to Steve’s forum and a long talk with Bill Lampkin I started looking at the Vacuum pump and resevoire which looks like a softball and is in the generator compartment on the firewall.  A vacuum line had become dislodged and problem solved.

Hope this helps someone! 
General Discussion / Re: 98 Beaver Motorhome Front Curtain Motor
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 04, 2024, 09:58:19 PM »
Randy,
If you haven't already done so, check the track and curtain carriers to ensure the curtain travels freely when not attached to the motor. Cleaning the track may help.
Steve
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 04, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »
Just a heads up
I just contacted Dan North at Valid leveling.  1-250-804-1247
They were great to work with and recognized our era coach and the best replacement compressor for us.  VTL10A014-01
The original was Power Gear and used a Firestone compressor with no relay to the pressure switch.  (See Steve Huber’s link above)
Valid has redesigned this unit and it includes the original connector for our harness and a relay to protect the pressure switch. 
It is a bit more than Viair 380C from Amazon but worth the difference I think.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10