Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Discussion / 98 Beaver Motorhome Front Curtain Motor
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on July 04, 2024, 04:44:05 PM »
looking on any info on the fwd curtain motor and attachments that covers the windshield....the motor in it is weak and barely moves the string to pulll the curtain??  any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx
Randy

Motorhomes and Tow Cars / Toad For Sale
« Last post by Bob Dunlap on July 03, 2024, 05:21:29 AM »
We're letting our very dependable and economical toad go.  It's all set up for being towed.  We bought it in 2016 and have paid attention to every little thing that it needed.  We're on our 2nd "extended" warranty from Ford and they have been great about fixing or replacing all covered items.  The original color is Storm Grey, but has a vinyl wrap to match our 06 Beaver Monterey.  The vinyl wrap is starting to show signs of age, but still cleans up nicely.  It's got a "Stay'N'Play" breaking system that only requires flipping 2 switches to get it working.  No messing with the brake actuator.  It's got 109K miles on it and year-old tires.  We'll even throw in an outdoor cover for it. Asking $8,000.
General Discussion / Re: Lincoln toads, not?
« Last post by Joel Ashley on July 02, 2024, 09:44:35 PM »
Paul, our ‘97 Explorer Limited had a dealer-installed “Neutral Tow” switch (cost $100) that to put in tow mode required only tapping the brake in neutral and holding until a little lamp came on.  I just had to remember to release the parking brake after fastening the Roadmaster auxiliary brake in place.  I could also ease my mind at rest stops, etc., glancing through the driver’s window to make sure the little lamp was still on.

I’m surprised a 2020 model would have a mechanical tow device rather than electronic;  it sounds more like that aftermarket driveshaft disconnect device that many used.  As Keith notes, I think today’s towables use a simple “neutral tow” switch on the dash that may be factory installed.  If I could see a new hybrid Nautilus in person on a lot I could check for its presence, but also the owners manual online should cover its use.

Joel
General Discussion / Re: Lincoln toads, not?
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 02, 2024, 10:21:31 AM »
Joel
In purchasing a Lincoln to tow we bought a Navigator which became flat towable in 2018.  The trim package also must be right because without the ‘tow package’ it isn’t towable.   The Lincoln goes into flat tow mode at the flick of a switch on the dash. 
Technical Support / Re: Aqua-Hot
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 01, 2024, 08:38:07 AM »
When we broke off the ear of the mounting plate of the burner motor we decided to just go all new.  John Carillo provided one in a very timely fashion that was mostly plug and play only losing the clock.  We bought new but rebuilt was also an option in some cases.  John’s number (19705183085).
Best of luck
« Last post by Eric Maclean on June 30, 2024, 12:25:54 AM »
Micheal
If you're got the burner apart you can feed a straight 12 volt to the burner motor to test the motor itself you can even do this with the fuel lines connected
Without the control box connected the ignition and fuel solenoid will not engage and the motor should be able to run the blower and pump with no trouble .
« Last post by Michael Turnipseed on June 30, 2024, 12:05:10 AM »
After rereading can I do the circuit test with everything unhooked ?
Thanks Eric
Motorhomes and Tow Cars / 2006 BEAVER MONTEREY FOR SALE
« Last post by Dale Soule on June 29, 2024, 11:45:27 PM »
We will be selling our 2006 Beaver Monterey in the near future, We will be down sizing to something smaller, but still connected to the BAC.This is a Beaver 40 Montclair C 9 400, Very well maintained, always enclosed storage excellent shape will be getting an listing in RV Trader after the 4th of July.
Will be asking $ 69,500.  located in Carson City , Nevada.  Questions or Specifications Please call Dale Soule'  530 310 4070

« Last post by Michael Turnipseed on June 29, 2024, 11:31:16 PM »
Thanks Eric watched the video. It was a great help. That is exactly what I have going on with the motor. The bearings in the video didn’t sound much different than mine, but I have it out. Maybe just do the change. With the unit already out on the bench, I don’t have any way to check your other suggestion until I reinstall. At this point it looks like a motor for sure I’ll go to bearing distributor for that end. I’m almost thinking about buying the C harness. To eliminate that equation. Fuel pump turns as it should when I first put it on the bench still had enough fuel in to cycle.
Would the flat spot on the motor if it is dragging enough, be enough to blow the fuse ?
Not having an RPM I could tell I had an issue With the motor.
Thanks
« Last post by Eric Maclean on June 29, 2024, 10:21:24 PM »
Micheal
The blower motor when fed 12 volts should turn approx 4500 rpm ( however the bearings may drag that down some) this can be checked with an optical tach.
While you have the burner apart check the fuel pump to see if it turns freely enough ( there will be some resistance ) look over the pump gearing and regrease them .
 You may have short either in the wiring to the aquahot or in the burner itself
First disconnect the burner control box on the burner ( wiring coming to the box this will eliminate the burner from the equation now try the fuse and power switch this will tell you if you have a short in the burner circuit.
If the fuse blows without the controller plugged in disconnect the circulation pumps one at a time to determine where your short circuit is .

Aqua hot parts are expensive but the bearings can be bought from your local bearing supply store reasonably # ( SKF 608-ZZ )
Reuse the concave spring washer and set the blower clearance as close to 3 thousands of an inch as possible without any drag or scuffing of the blower wheel.

This is a link to a motor diag video
https://youtu.be/ihJ9bgPudAE?si=NMzF45H1v2DNOj4U

Hope this helps
Eric
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10