Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: 2005 SANTIUM ICE MAKER NOT MAKING ICE
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 17, 2024, 11:25:54 PM »
Steve
Some fridges have a separate switch inside the fridge to turn the ice maker on or off others just rely on the batch control bail in the ice receiver.
The ice maker units are usually 120 volt operated using the same power that runs the clock mechanism which contains the switching gear for the water valve and motorized tray .
On most ice maker units you can remove the front cover to access the mechanism where you can test and diagnose your problem.
The service manual for your fridge should have a troubleshooting section to help you through the diagnostics.
« Last post by Steve Glaser on March 17, 2024, 11:17:34 PM »
NORCOLD MODEL 1200LRIM

IS THERE A MICROSWITCH IN THE ICE MAKER CONNECTED TO THE BAIL THAT TURNS THE ICE MAKER OFF, TURNING THE SOLENOID OFF?

IF SO, COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM?
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 17, 2024, 01:54:24 PM »
Steve
Could you give us the make and model of the fridge?
Technical Support / 2005 SANTIUM ICE MAKER NOT MAKING ICE
« Last post by Steve Glaser on March 17, 2024, 03:30:00 AM »
THE SOLENOID ON THE WATER LINE IS MARKED AS 120 VOLT. THE WIRING DRAWINGS SAY 12 VOLT  . I HAVE NO VOLTAGE CHECKED BREAKER PANEL AND 12 VOLT FUSE PANEL NO PROBLEMS FOUND . I HAVE THE PUMP ON AND PLUGGED INTO SHORE POWER. I HAVE HAD ALL SYSTEMS ON FOR 5 DAYS ,NOTHING HELPS.  ANY IDEAS?
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 17, 2024, 01:37:10 AM »
Bob in my tool box I have several  sizes of pipe plugs to help track down leaks .
Using the pipe plugs I can disconnect air lines from the air tanks and plug the air tank port to narrow down my search to one air circuit at a time .
Some leaks are almost impossible to detect but if your going down over night it should be easier.
To find those smaller leaks I use a product for refrigeration called Big Blue micro leak detector.

https://www.amazon.com/Refrigeration-Technology-REFRIGERATION-TECHNOLOGIES-RT100G/dp/B0058E0Q0M/ref=asc_df_B0058E0Q0M/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=509398599309&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9600109843375773313&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011305&hvtargid=pla-928527643191&psc=1&mcid=9a16e26447cf33e7b6d30ef21be3bd2f&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhtWvBhD9ARIsAOP0GojG5xJmGB0Wa-UgRYjqirZNKS-RvUEUqIkgzMy5_QBKaeRV8HjCrBgaAk28EALw_wcB
Technical Support / Re: 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 17, 2024, 01:22:22 AM »
Carl
The Ford headlights where mounted to a molded plastic mounting plate along with the turn signal, when Beaver designed the front fiberglass cap they molded the cap to accommodate the headlights and turn signals separately.
The turn signals are bolted in from behind the cap just as the would have been mounted to the Ford mounting plate.
The headlights are mounted via their alignment screws you will have to unscrew these screws all the way out to remove the head light assembly.one from the rear and two from the front.
The new headlights come with new alignment screws and the base plate ,you will remove them from the base plate and reuse them

The headlights I used where clear with the LED day time running lights built in but those have a different turn signal shape so I used the original turn signals.
« Last post by Carl Boger on March 17, 2024, 12:38:50 AM »
OK Eric,

As usual I am at least a few dozen steps behind you.  Do you happen to have any pictures of your set up.  How you removed and installed the new units.  My turn signals seem to be a different housing from my headlights, not sure if they are one piece or not, but there is a fiberglass bar in the front cap that separates  them.

Adding projection headlights to the back of the new lenses doesn't bother me, but how do the old units come out?

Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Bob Disney on March 16, 2024, 11:24:22 PM »
I've been thinking about that valve and brake light switch
Just bubble tested the valve a month ago
The coach still looses air overnight, its leaking somewhere
Technical Support / Re: Satellite TV cable routing?
« Last post by Preston Nash on March 16, 2024, 05:25:25 AM »
I'm sorry Fred.  I just now revisited this and saw your attempt to help me.  I don't know if I have that.  I don't remember seeing it, but I'll need to check next time to be sure.  Thanks for helping.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 16, 2024, 12:54:02 AM »
Richard
It's funny you bring up this conversation as I just did this very conversion a couple of weeks ago
I like you got sick of the lack luster light out put from the old halogen bulbs my first upgrade  was to clean and polish the lenses on the old headlights and install LED bulbs the result was nice clean lenses but the replacement LED bulbs although they made for a little bit better or at least whiter light they would no longer focus properly a d left a lot to be desired on high beam .

So I went on line and researched new light assemblies .
I wanted something with clear lens and settled on the units you described with the built in Day time running lights.
Knowing that the stock LED bulbs wouldn't be much better in the new headlights so I opted to remove the lenses from the new light assembly cut the bulb lock of the back off the reflector and installed a set of BI LED projector units .
While I was at it I installed a pair of LED strips behind the chrome  DRL brackets inside the headlight assembly which are also DRL units but will flash orange with the turn signals.

If you aren't up to the work of cutting up a new set of headlights there is a company out there that has done the work for you for a price ( the headlights your looking for were originally from a 1987 to 1991 Ford F150.or Bronco
They were also used in the Provost buses.
The DRL units we are talking about off of Amazon come with the mounting bracket headlight adjusters and turn signals .
You won't use the mounting plate and the turn signals are different than the ones mounted in your Beaver.
You will reuse the headlight assembly the new adjusters and reuse the old turn signals ( to clean up the old turn signals wet sand them with 5000 grit paper till they are good and clean and then spray them with a 2k clear coat and they should look like new).

Here is a link to the premade units with projectors for the Prevost ( they are the same )

https://youtu.be/uOWCLLN-8oA?si=Bg6ZDTABOabiEoaO

Here are the units I used

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLV94S34/ref=twister_B0BPBS9YQW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are the projector units I installed

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WY6QT7F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

These are the LED strips I installed inside the reflectors

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GL9CDWW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Hope this helps
Eric

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10