Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic reservoir factory mistake ?
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on June 22, 2021, 10:00:21 PM »
Mark, yes the bottom plug has no hoses connected but it's hard to believe that Monaco inappropriately enginered the filtering of the hydrolic fluid. But since we have had zero problems over the last 14 years I am sticking with changing the 3 drop in filters annually.
Technical Support / Re: Roof A/C units not blowing cold 2005 Marquis
« Last post by Eric Maclean on June 22, 2021, 09:26:49 PM »
Micheal
I guess I forgot to answer your question .
In order to add refrigerant or even test the pressures an HVAC tech will install clamp on (saddle valve / fittings) to the high and low side tubes allow them to access the system .

https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/p/WWG52VN82?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwlMaGBhD3ARIsAPvWd6iARjtNJEzRczOPdAD6W3QevyYAre4kHIVVPXXZIZ6UuxHtg2gipHUaApoREALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3645!3!483556496832!!!g!545759021711!&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlMaGBhD3ARIsAPvWd6iARjtNJEzRczOPdAD6W3QevyYAre4kHIVVPXXZIZ6UuxHtg2gipHUaApoREALw_wcB

Hope that answers the question
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Roof A/C units not blowing cold 2005 Marquis
« Last post by Eric Maclean on June 22, 2021, 09:17:08 PM »
Micheal
I might be wrong but if the heat pump function of these A/C units is making good heat then they must have sufficient refrigerant to do the job.
It might be low refrigerant but it could also be a problem with reversing valves or some another part of the units the best way to find out would to be have an HVAC tech do a full pressure test .
But before having them looked at I'd lift all the covers and check the condenser and evaporator for dirt and proper air flow.

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Roof A/C units not blowing cold 2005 Marquis
« Last post by Michael Castro on June 22, 2021, 08:29:18 PM »
I am trying to proceed in fixing the cooling issues with my roof A/C units.  The heat pumps work well.   Is there any way to refill the freon?

I have 3 units.  Zone 1 (the front) is blowing lukewarm cool are.  Zone (2) is better but not the best. Zone (3) is also not that cold.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

« Last post by Mark Lorentz on June 22, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »
Bryan, thanks for your reply
My issue is that without a hose from the Fan or power steering circuit connected to the bottom center fitting, that no fluid at all flows thru the 3 filter stack.
There is no reason to change them as they are doing nothing at all. The only way fluid can flow thru the filters is thru that center fitting.
Is your configuration the same in that the bottom dead center fitting has only a plug in it ?

Thanks
If you don't care about the center logo like I didn't, Any Truck Stop should have replacements for under $20
Technical Support / Re: HWH Air leveling system
« Last post by Richard Davis on June 22, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »
If your HWH manifolds are like my '06 Monterey, there is a small "T" handle release valve on the side of each manifold.  Unscrewing (opening) the valve will manually put the system in Travel mode bypassing the air leveling system.  The "T" handle valves are there to allow the chassis to be driven by the manufacturer before the system was completely assembled.  Good luck on continuing your trip.
Richard
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on June 22, 2021, 03:53:52 PM »
Mark, we have the same configuration as you described and have always used the hose fittings to drain the hydrolic reservoir and not used the plug fitting at the bottom of the reservoir. No problems with our hydrolic system with 186k on our coach. Maybe others on the forum can explain the flow of fluid utilization of the 3 drop in filters.
Technical Support / Re: HWH Air leveling system
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on June 22, 2021, 03:07:51 PM »
This sounds a lot like my experience a year ago - air leveling would not work properly and the system would not go into Travel Mode.  If you want to try getting something out of my experience, then try reading this thread.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,9847.msg68032.html#msg68032
Technical Support / HWH Air leveling system
« Last post by Bruce Hoglander on June 22, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey with HWH air leveling and Hydraulic jacks. I recently put it in a good shop because I couldn't figure why the air leveling wasn't working and to help hunt an air leak in suspension. They are familiar with Roadmaster Chasisis and air suspension as they were formerly  a Monaco Dealer. They have been unable to get the air level system working and have been having trouble with support from HWH. I asked them to disconnect the air level system and I will use the Hydraulic jacks as I have a month long trip scheduled next week. They now say that the air level system is linked to the suspension and that the coach is not safe to drive as they can not get it to go to travel mode and establish the ride height.  I am wondering if anyone else has been able to separate the systems in a way that I can make the scheduled trip and focus on the air level when I return. They believe there may be a problem with the board that can be rebuilt.  Any suggestions would be a big help. It seems if you could buy the coach without that option that you should be able to operate without it and isolate it somehow.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10