Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Carl Boger on March 17, 2024, 12:38:50 AM »
OK Eric,

As usual I am at least a few dozen steps behind you.  Do you happen to have any pictures of your set up.  How you removed and installed the new units.  My turn signals seem to be a different housing from my headlights, not sure if they are one piece or not, but there is a fiberglass bar in the front cap that separates  them.

Adding projection headlights to the back of the new lenses doesn't bother me, but how do the old units come out?

Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Bob Disney on March 16, 2024, 11:24:22 PM »
I've been thinking about that valve and brake light switch
Just bubble tested the valve a month ago
The coach still looses air overnight, its leaking somewhere
Technical Support / Re: Satellite TV cable routing?
« Last post by Preston Nash on March 16, 2024, 05:25:25 AM »
I'm sorry Fred.  I just now revisited this and saw your attempt to help me.  I don't know if I have that.  I don't remember seeing it, but I'll need to check next time to be sure.  Thanks for helping.
Technical Support / Re: 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 16, 2024, 12:54:02 AM »
Richard
It's funny you bring up this conversation as I just did this very conversion a couple of weeks ago
I like you got sick of the lack luster light out put from the old halogen bulbs my first upgrade  was to clean and polish the lenses on the old headlights and install LED bulbs the result was nice clean lenses but the replacement LED bulbs although they made for a little bit better or at least whiter light they would no longer focus properly a d left a lot to be desired on high beam .

So I went on line and researched new light assemblies .
I wanted something with clear lens and settled on the units you described with the built in Day time running lights.
Knowing that the stock LED bulbs wouldn't be much better in the new headlights so I opted to remove the lenses from the new light assembly cut the bulb lock of the back off the reflector and installed a set of BI LED projector units .
While I was at it I installed a pair of LED strips behind the chrome  DRL brackets inside the headlight assembly which are also DRL units but will flash orange with the turn signals.

If you aren't up to the work of cutting up a new set of headlights there is a company out there that has done the work for you for a price ( the headlights your looking for were originally from a 1987 to 1991 Ford F150.or Bronco
They were also used in the Provost buses.
The DRL units we are talking about off of Amazon come with the mounting bracket headlight adjusters and turn signals .
You won't use the mounting plate and the turn signals are different than the ones mounted in your Beaver.
You will reuse the headlight assembly the new adjusters and reuse the old turn signals ( to clean up the old turn signals wet sand them with 5000 grit paper till they are good and clean and then spray them with a 2k clear coat and they should look like new).

Here is a link to the premade units with projectors for the Prevost ( they are the same )

https://youtu.be/uOWCLLN-8oA?si=Bg6ZDTABOabiEoaO

Here are the units I used

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLV94S34/ref=twister_B0BPBS9YQW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are the projector units I installed

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WY6QT7F?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

These are the LED strips I installed inside the reflectors

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GL9CDWW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Hope this helps
Eric

I hope you are having a great time down in Tuscon.  We didn't make it to the convention this year, although we did go a couple of years ago.  I'm sorry you didn't seem to have gotten any response via the forum.  i tried the same thing in previous years with the same result.  I am Cathi Stark the VP for the Western area.  I am planning a Beaver event in conjuction with the FMCA Convention in Redmond OR in August.  I couldn't get some details from FMCA Corp until after this March event was completed so my planning is a bit later than I would have liked.  I'll have to see how we can make the Forum a better place to find fellow travelers.  BTW there is a Face Book Group - Beaver Ambassador Club - Travel  I would be happy to invite you to join that group if you are interested.  My FB ID is Cathi Stark and my photo is the ocean crashing over a rock.  I hope you meet you down the road.  Travel Safe and enjoy the journey
Technical Support / 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Richard Good on March 15, 2024, 05:07:04 PM »
I am trying to confirm if the 98 Patriot headlights were the same as a Ford Bronco headlights from 87 to 91. I see some replacement headlights have an LED running light built in. I am guessing that these require extra wiring. Has anyone switched their headlights to LED bulbs? I need to replace my headlights as the chrome reflecting surface has gone dim. I would like to upgrade to LED bulbs at the same time. I did do the electrical upgrade to make the lights brighter a few years ago.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 14, 2024, 09:55:17 PM »
Bob
If your still chasing leaks check your exhaust brake air solenoid ( if you have one ) for a small leak through its exhaust port .
Also check the brake treadle valve at the floor for leaks around the roller spool as the tend to collect dirt and create small constant leaks there as well.
And while your there lube the pedal higher to make sure the pedal moves freely and does not stick.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 14, 2024, 09:43:54 PM »
Bob
At 15000 miles on the desiccant pack I wouldn't bother .
Depending on the weather conditions the coach is driven in the service interval can very dramatically for example if you were in a very cool and high humidity area like the east coast or Oregon where there is very humid conditions the desiccant will have a shorter life than in a very dry area like Arizona.
Take into account thr dryer purges the desiccant chamber with each cycle of the air compressor, so if you have a lot of air leaks creating more air demand on the compressor the resulting extra air flow with also shorten desiccant life.
But for the most part with motorhomes the average usage isn't in rainy wet air and with limited miles each year the desiccant package should be good for about 5 years of normal use and probably more .heck I've seen 20 year old coaches running the factory installed desiccant filters and still working fine not that id recommend that.
The tell tale of a bad desiccant filter is excess water buildup in the tanks.
The danger of leaving a desiccant pack too long is that the desiccant will eventually plug up and bust it's container with in the filter which allows the many small beads of desiccant to travel into the air system creating problems with valves and components (a bad thing ).

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on March 14, 2024, 04:30:53 AM »
Coach Assist also has the adjustment procedure for an HWH 600
Steve
« Last post by Bob Disney on March 14, 2024, 03:37:54 AM »
Relaced the air dryer a year ago
May replace the filter, probably have 15,000 miles on it
Also ordered replacement purge valves for the tanks all 4 should be here tomorrow
I've never seen any leaks there until I soaped them today, extremely slow leaks from all four of them

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10