Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Technical Support / Re: Starter Batteries for 2005 Patriot Thunder
« Last post by Lee Welbanks on June 13, 2021, 10:08:49 PM »
Do you have wet battery's or AGM's?  In my 06 PT I have Lifeline GPL 1400T"s four of them, the original ones lasted until last year. Put them in and never have to mess with them again, sweet.
Technical Support / Starter Batteries for 2005 Patriot Thunder
« Last post by Dominic . Sue Ambrosino on June 13, 2021, 09:50:08 PM »
What batteries do you suggest? we need new ones.
thanks
General Discussion / Re: New member intro
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on June 13, 2021, 09:12:03 PM »
John,
Glad we can help. The practice of building a given interior in one year and not showing it in the brochure until the following year was fairly common for Beaver. Another example is the 2007 Contessa Westport. It is shown in the 08 brochure, not the 07 but a number of them were built for the 07 model year.
Again welcome to the BAC and Forum.
Steve
General Discussion / New member intro
« Last post by John Fitzgerald on June 13, 2021, 07:33:56 PM »
I want to thank those that have already given me advice on some issues with this coach.  After slow progress due to pandemic related slow downs for money transfers and state RMV appointment reservation waiting I got it bought and home yesterday, twenty five days after shaking hands with the previous owner after agreeing on price.  I have never driven anything like this before, but a quick Youtube class or two and I drove it 120 miles home through some fairly heavy city three lane highway traffic here in Massachusetts.  It needs some deferred maintenance and whatnot, but from the drive home it seems like I could drive it coast to coast as it sits.  I am attaching a photo, it seems from my searching for a coach that these '95 Marquis are not too common.  The Garnet interior is not even listed in the 1995 sales brochure.

John
Technical Support / Re: Foamy Water
« Last post by Christian Fish on June 13, 2021, 05:34:42 PM »
Following up on this. I still had nearly continuous foam from the sink in the bathroom, the rest of the faucets were clear. I finally had time to run the washer empty to clear out the antifreeze and the foam was gone. Also the pump on light started working again.
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic filter leak?
« Last post by Eric Maclean on June 11, 2021, 09:30:35 PM »
Kathleen
From the earlier post by Lee Welbanks the upgraded filter is a CSG-150A-25A which crosses to a Wix # 51846
Lee is a frequent contributor to the forum and may have some insight on your filter issues.

https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Exactmatch.aspx?PartNo=Csg-150a-25a

https://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=154046

Hope this helps
Eric

« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on June 11, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »
Kathleen,
The 06 Monterey owners manual in Coach Assist listed the CSG100P10A as the OEM filter for the hydraulic system. It crosses to a Fleetgard HF 6710. Both are 10 micron filters. I couldn't find any listing for a CSG120P10A.
Steve
Technical Support / Re: Auto Level rear leveling LEDs on steady
« Last post by Lance Undhjem on June 11, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »
Thanks for the great suggestion. The Valid Manufacturing tech department was awesome! For future reference, all lights on (including the green light), without a fault light, and all leveling systems working normally points to a problem with the auto-level panel. The tech, Chris, tells me that because of the location of the panel (next to the window) the problem was most likely caused by water getting to the panel. They still make the panel and can overnight it to you for about $400. Thanks again for the great Forum help!!!!
« Last post by Scott Shearer on June 11, 2021, 06:10:36 PM »
You will lose some fluid when changing the filter but does not require draining. Check out these two posts RE up sizing the filter.

https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,8084.msg55965.html#msg55965

https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,3231.msg24439.html#msg24439
Technical Support / Hydraulic filter leak?
« Last post by Kathleen Schell on June 11, 2021, 05:30:52 PM »
What hydraulic filter for the fan and power steering system is correct for a 06 Monterey?  The filter installed 6000 miles ago after a hydraulic cooler replacement is a Fleetguard HF 6505 and I suspect it may not be correct.  On our last trip it stated leaking at the gasket. It looked like the gasket was too thick/tall.  After a mobile field tech looked it over, he installed a shorter gasket and got us back on the road. The owners manual lists Filtri CSG100P10A which in Fleetguard corresponds to HF 6710 not 6505.  Based on the pictures those two filters look like they have completely different sealing mechanisms.  What should be used?  I suspect I have the wrong filter.  Previous posts also mention CSG150A25A as an upgrade and seem to have a similar sealing surface as the CSG100P10A.   I want to go with the right filter and know it must be a quick change out or will have a problem with draining the 12 gallons of transmission fluid in the system.  Has anyone else had these issues?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]