Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The CAT service organization in SC, Blanchard CAT ceased servicing truck (and RV) engines in February. A check with a service writer at Carolina CAT in Charlotte NC found that they are apparently are planning the same move, so it may be a nation wide move a CAT has not supplied OTR engines since 2010. While there are a lot of diesel shops that work on CAT engines, many do not have a CAT ET analyzer which can result in increased maintenance costs as they guess which component is at fault (on our dime).
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on March 18, 2024, 11:57:12 PM »
Bob,
See  https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,12082.msg80225.html#msg80225 for info on leveling compressor. Yours may be located on the pass side forward of the he front wheel, accessible when the  geni slide is out.
Steve
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 18, 2024, 04:14:48 PM »
The air leveling compressor usually uses a separate tank and has a check valve between it and the coach air supply so the little compressor doesn't have to try and keep the chassis air tanks topped up it only maintains the small tank for air leveling purposes.
You should be able to drain all the chassis air tanks and wait for several hours or days to see that the check valve holds air on the small air tank,
This will mean getting to that small tank to open the drain ( which is a good idea anyway as most never get drained)
That small tank should hold air and of course the small compressor is there to keep it topped up so that when the chassis air is depleted the leveling system can still maintain level.

But of course you could use the pipe plugs to eliminate the whole circuit temporarily  to be sure.
I usually start with the accessories feed lines ( suspension, HVAC, horns )at the tanks do one line at a time pressurize the tanks and wait to see if it makes a difference if not leave that one plugged and move on to another line until you have found the culprit.
Once you've found the effected circuit then you can check each connection and component on the circuit until you find you leak.
Start by checking the ride height control valves as they move constantly and tend to develop small leaks over time.
Also check all the push to connect air fitting as they tend to leak .
Most coaches have a multitude of small leaks and ( you know death by a thousand cuts).
The question is how far do you want to go to cure them.

Good luck and have fun
Life's to short not to
Eric
« Last post by Bob Disney on March 18, 2024, 04:43:36 AM »
Sounds good Doesn't seem to leak down so bad if I'm using the air level
Hmm... maybe the leak is in the 12 volt compressor system
How much would you use and
How do you introduce it into the system?
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Tom Webber on March 18, 2024, 02:41:39 AM »
Still a work in progress, some bugs to work out. I will keep you posted.

Tom Webber
Technical Support / Re: 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 18, 2024, 12:35:53 AM »
Carl
I haven't yet had a chance to drive at night with them because like you I don't drive at night very often .
I usually only drive during the dark on our first day out when we get up early and head south to try to get far enough south to find an open campground in November.

The biggest problem I found with the replacement LED bulbs was that when I went to aim the headlights they had no defined hot spot to aim with .
The new projector units have a defined straight cutoff line making the headlight aiming much easier and they are designed to cut off to the left to avoid blinding on coming cars.

The picture below where taken at the campground we are currently in Georgia they really don't do the lights justice because of the terrain and vegetation in front of the coach but you can see the cutoff line and how it drops off to the left by about 4 inches the second picture shows the high beam where the cutoff line is not present.
Technical Support / Re: 2005 SANTIUM ICE MAKER NOT MAKING ICE
« Last post by Steve Glaser on March 18, 2024, 12:18:19 AM »
thank you for the information . I also have a leak in the ice maker so i am going to replace the ice maker. thanks again.
Technical Support / Re: 98 Beaver Ticonderoga headlight
« Last post by Carl Boger on March 18, 2024, 12:03:52 AM »
Thanks Eric,

How much better are the projector headlights over the LED bulbs in the original headlights?  My LED's are much better than the factory bulbs, but still nothing to brag about. 

The only reason I haven't looked into this more seriously before now is I try my best not to drive at night. If the projector bulbs make a decent difference I guess I'll have another project to do on the motorhome.

Thanks for the instructional!
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 17, 2024, 11:36:17 PM »
Steve
Here is a link to a service manual for your fridge
Starting on page #59 the ice maker operation and diagnosis

https://myrvworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Norcold-Service-Manual-1200.pdf

Eric
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on March 17, 2024, 11:29:06 PM »
Steve,
Coach Assist has both the 1200 owners manual and the 1200 Ice maker troubleshooting guide.
Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10