Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Laguna 4 Tank Sensors
« Last post by Mark Hoovler on April 10, 2024, 04:46:58 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I will be  looking into the new system for our coach, as I have tried several times cleaning and flushing the tanks.  Yes I do use the tank flush whenever we dump our tanks. 

Mark
Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Eric Maclean on April 10, 2024, 01:23:18 PM »
Peter
There is no known parts list existing for the Magnum chassis as they seem to have been destroyed or deleted over the years and many ownership transfers of the Beaver coach corp.
How ever many of us here at the BAC have been through and sourced the parts your looking for.
Your Magnum chassis front suspension is a four link setup with two track bars these are known as torque rods unfortunately these particular torque rods are a spherical ball type units and as such the end balls are not serviceable meaning the rods must be replaced if they were out ,they where originally made by Dayton for use on Fruehauf semi trailers .
These torque where made in several different lengths for different applications but as the demand for them dropped the current manufacturer only provides a weld together kit to allow you to create the length you need .
On your coach that length should be 40 inches center to center.
If your ball ends are loose the rods will have to be replaced but if the ends aren't loose you can sometimes free up the end drill and install grease fittings and new seals which have found to fit the rods this procedure is should in the coach assist section under common problems .
If the mounting bracket broke off the frame it is likely that the ball end had seize on the torque rod causing the bracket to twist back and forth with the suspension movement until the bracket failed.

Here is a link to the rod/s you need
https://www.truckspring.com/products/Torque-Rod-Fruehauf-3-Piece-30-to-40-Inches__TS-345-812.aspx

The harsh ride can be helped by using Koni FDS shocks which are valved differently than the stock Bilsteen shock.
It's also important to have your coach weight for each corner and set the tire pressures to match the weight they are carrying in accordance to the tire manufacturers chart.
If you are experiencing porposing on bumps the installation of motion control units sold by super steer will help eliminate that.

Wandering can also be addressed by checking all steering linkage for play and checking ride height against the manufacturer spec as too high a ride height will result in wandering and the feeling that your riding on a bottle ( sliding off one side or the other)
Of course there is also alignment issues which can cause poor handling and don't forget the rear end the coach can have a rear steer issue caused by loose or worn torque rods back there as well.the torque rods for the rear end are much shorter and use a different sized bolt mounting the part number for those kits is 345-802 as below.
https://www.stengelbros.net/345-802-Uni-Rod-Kit_p_11489.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw8diwBhAbEiwA7i_sJZO_-JJ91Uz_bCjH1Gy8oR_gzHcQO-ooEKnNDrDbYArwq_JwFL8TiRoC8aQQAvD_BwE

Hope this helps
Eric

Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on April 09, 2024, 07:24:14 PM »
Peter,
The latest year parts list we have is for 1998 models. It's available on the club website (not the Forum). Select Technical, Coach Assist, Brochures for almost All Beaver Coaches, Safari Motorcoach Corporation (1994-2001). Scroll down a bit and you will find parts lists.
Another and maybe faster option would be to call the parts dept at Beaver Coach Sales, or Hendersons Line Up. Both in OR.
Steve
Technical Support / Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Peter Buenting on April 09, 2024, 02:59:08 PM »
2001 Beaver Marquis Jasper, 64k miles, C-12 Cat, Allison 4000.

I’m guessing this has been asked before but can’t seem to locate it. My apologies if this has been asked/answered a gazillion times. I’d like to find a Magnum chassis parts diagram, in whole or part. The current need is for a front stabilizer arm or bushings. I’m not sure if that’s the correct name, the rod that runs between the sides of the chassis, just behind the steering crossmember. Recently the bracket that holds this arm on passengers side broke off while on a trip. It looked like it had been repaired before and by someone who didn’t really know how to weld!  :-\ Locating parts on a Saturday afternoon wasn’t going to happen so settled for welding the bracket back on and dealing with the poor handling till we get home.

Which brings me to my question. How does one find part numbers for all of these chassis components? If it was a Freightliner I could at least find a part number and start sourcing the part. The front bushing on this arm are bad and according to the tech, all the suspension bushings in front are worn out. Even before this happened the ride is harsh and steering loose. I had it in for a front end alignment which helped some but now feels worse than ever.  I’m new to the RV thing and Beavers in particular.

So, any keywords to search for, links to threads, or an actual part’s diagram and/or source would be extremely appreciated. I’ve read how you all really value the ride and durability of these rigs which is why we jumped on it, but after this my bride is starting to question my judgment.  :(  Thanks! Pete
Technical Support / Re: Water under the coach
« Last post by Eric Maclean on April 09, 2024, 01:12:36 PM »
George
As David stated there are drains that run out just ahead of the passenger side rear tires one of them is the drain for the fridge if your fridge is defrosting melting ice off the cooling fins inside the water drains out to the rear of the fridge where it is connected to a pex pipe which takes it to the rear wheel wheel area.

Eric
Technical Support / Re: Water under the coach
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on April 09, 2024, 01:00:53 PM »
First thought:  Our coach has three roof AC/heat pumps.  Each unit has a condensation drain tube built into the ceiling and sidewall where it exits the coach just above the roadway.  If your ACs are running in humid conditions, then these drain tubes will drain away condensation created in the roof ACs.
Technical Support / Water under the coach
« Last post by George Frudakis on April 09, 2024, 02:43:17 AM »
Passenger side about 2 feet in Infront of the rear tires there is a pipe coming down that just started to drip water. I tried to download a picture, but it would not allow me to do so. I had a full tank of water and the coach leans toward the rear could this be water overflow for the freshwater tank.?
Technical Support / Re: How to manually retract front roadside slide
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on April 09, 2024, 12:10:49 AM »
Michael, no the pictures are from my wife logging the procedure. Hope it works out for you, maybe see you down the road
Technical Support / Re: How to manually retract front roadside slide
« Last post by Michael Bacon on April 07, 2024, 08:27:19 PM »
Bryan
Thanks for the pictures! Seems odd they place my (our unit was built in 2007 - titled and sold in 2008) pump in a different location. By the way was this information in your owner's manual?

Unfortunately, there isn't much clearance under the generator bay. My try to drive up on some wood blocks. 

Thanks again,
Mike
Technical Support / Re: Aisle Lights
« Last post by David Ciotti on April 07, 2024, 03:15:00 PM »
On my 2002 Marquis the two screws remove the lamp which is replaced from the inside.  If you replace them with LED lights the polarity is important.  One of my sockets, I think the one in the bathroom, was wired backwards, the other 4 were fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10