Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Technical Support / Re: Key fob and Keypad not opening locks
« Last post by Bruce Hoglander on October 09, 2021, 03:47:27 PM »
Thank you mike ...The problem is I can't get into the front electrical bay. The TM211 key worked on only two of the bay doors . All the locks say TM211 but haven't been used in 15 years! I sprayed them all with silicone and am hoping that may help.
Technical Support / Re: Key fob and Keypad not opening locks
« Last post by Mike Shumack on October 09, 2021, 03:20:35 PM »
Do you have a bank of relays in your front Run/Electrical Bay (like my 2005 Patriot)? If so, maybe a relay is bad (sticking).

I've been working on a problem with my locks too (the Key Fob only locks the front door and not the Bay doors). I created the diagram (below) for my setup. Maybe it is the same for yours.

I noticed some gaps around the trim that surrounds the rear slide room opening. So I'm going to address that and reseal the beltline trim too. I'll start scraping the old sealant off (with a plastic razor blade) now. I will need to order some sealant.

What sealant are you guys using? Is the 100% silicone sold at HD the same as the silicone sold/marketed for "RVs"? Is there a better product than silicone?

My Owners Manual says to use Geocell 2300"under the trim around the slideouts" and Silicone on the beltline. However, I doubt I can get anything "under" the trim - so should I just use silicone on the gap between the body and the trim?

I have a tube of clear Lexel. But it's pretty tough to apply cleanly (it's sticky and stringy like Dicor) and doesn't smooth out well (in my experience). Where do you typically use this?

Technical Support / Key fob and Keypad not opening locks
« Last post by Bruce Hoglander on October 09, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »
I am at a beautiful spot in Carrabelle FL but scheduled to leave tomorrow. Last night we were eating and heard the door lock. Sure enough it locked itself and all of the bays. Each time i shut the door it locked itself even when I shut it gently.

This morning it is not locking itself when I shut the door but  only the key will unlock or lock front door and the bay doors will not unlock with the key.

I have the ESSEX key pad and I replaced keypad about six months ago. This morning  I went ahead unplugged it and reprogrammed the key pad and it makes all the right beeps according to manual but does not lock or unlock anything. Went to key fobs and when I press the buttons on the key fob I can hear and feel the click when I put my hand on the brain behind instrument panel  but that signal is not activating the locks.

Any ideas? Has anyone had something similar happen? Don't understand why the key wont open any of the bay doors. Cant even leave the site until I at least resolve bay doors unlocking because the electric cord and hose have to be put away
Bill,
Sorry to hear about the blow out. Tires can do significant damage when they blow.
We have no member recommendations on our Service Providers list in OH, but check RV Service Reviews.  http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=OH
Steve
Had an inner drive tire blowout on my 45' Marquis Jade north of Dayton Ohio on I-75 exit 83.  It destroyed the two layers of floor and ceramic tile under the bedroom sink in a 2' square area.  The front of the slide is extended 1' and the rear of the slide is flush with the sidewall.  The other three slides work, but the pump makes a noise when this one is actuated either in or out, but no movement.  Any ideas on how to get to the cylinders and synchronize them, or get the slide in flat to the sidewall.  I had the blowout at 2pm and I am now expecting the road service tire about 1am.  Hopefully the MH is driveable and can make it to a repair shop.  Any ideas in the Dayton/Cincinnati area??
Technical Support / Re: Broken Down CAT
« Last post by Stan Simpson on October 08, 2021, 05:34:33 PM »
Richard, I wish I had your acumen for mechanical work. Just had (at 94,000 miles) #5 injector replaced (brand new OEM CAT), the shop offered a knock off for half price..no thank you. Almost $2000 with the part $754 and the labor. Runs like a top now.
Technical Support / Re: Broken Down CAT
« Last post by Dave Atherton on October 08, 2021, 02:02:12 AM »
Gentlemen, being broken down in the middle of no where ( can and is very stressful ). It was determined early into Richard problem to repair in place being 200 miles away from nearest
service shop. All I can say Richard did a outstanding job, following direction from technical
Information off caterpillar SIS problem that Dave sent him on troubleshooting and repair total
18 pages. In Richard problem after determining number (1) injector not working, it is quite involved
removing and installed new injector and not hydro-locking the engine, this is where the technical
information came into play along with good phone service and internet. Richard just saved over
$ 8,000. dollars or more by his determination he could make the repair as needed. Very good ending
being stranded in middle of no where. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic
Technical Support / Re: Batteries Batteries
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on October 08, 2021, 12:42:12 AM »
If you need new ones I hope the supply is better than 6v wet cells. In the Phoenix area they are saying Dec before they expect to have stock. (Trojans. Costco won't quote a date for Costco Interstates).
Steve
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]