Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Scott Shearer on July 23, 2024, 08:58:08 PM »
Don,

We had an intermittent ABS/ATC light, the culprit turned out to be a dirty ABS test button. The ABS test button is under the removable dash cover next to the J1939 data port (see Section 9, page 277 in your owner’s manual). You could ‘feel’ that the test button was gritty when pressed, I cleaned it with tuner cleaner, no more ABS light issue.

-Scott
Technical Support / Re: ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 23, 2024, 02:06:43 AM »
This thread may help shed some light on your issues

https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,10793.msg73347.html#msg73347

I suggest checking / setting the sensor air gaps on all the wheels ( most commonly drove axle or tag axle out of adjustment)
Once the sensors have be taped back in the system should reset and the light will go out when the vehicle reaches a speed of 20 mph.

Eric
Technical Support / Re: Tire replacement
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 23, 2024, 01:58:13 AM »
Don
I agree with everything Steve is saying I've run toyos for the last 30,000 miles and they have given very good service I also believe the Michelin has a softer side wall and therefore give a somewhat softer ride on expansion cracks .
I have no personal experience with the Yokohama tires.

When ordering tires pay attention to the date codes on the new tires there are times when a warehouse may have 4 or 5 year old tires to get rid of and on a
Class A motorhome it's good practice to keep the tires current especially on the steer axle trading them out at 5 to 7 years of age

Eric
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 23, 2024, 12:50:35 AM »
Don,
Toyos are great tires but IMHO won't give as soft a ride as Michelins. I recently replaced mine with new Toyos at $456 / tire.
Steve
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on July 22, 2024, 11:52:36 PM »
I recently replaced five Toyos on our coach with new Toyos - M144, 195/80R22.5 - $3,529.45 installed, including two bags of balancing beads in each tire.  This purchase was made at the Les Schwab Tire Center in Hermiston, OR.  The tires were not in the store's inventory and had to be shipped in from the main warehouse in Prineville, OR; that took only two days.
Technical Support / Tire replacement
« Last post by Don White on July 22, 2024, 08:05:09 PM »
Hi,

Time to replace tires on the coach.  Anybody have any experience with Yokohama tires? 

I've heard Toyo are a solid tire.

I currently have Michelin XZA2's which have performed very well.  I'm having a challenge getting my head around the $752 replacement price.

Thanks.
Technical Support / ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Don White on July 22, 2024, 07:47:24 PM »
Happy Monday!

I took my coach out on Friday to exercise it after sitting for a couple months.  As I was returning to the campground both the ABS and ATC dash lights came on.  When they came on I was doing no more than 10 mph and applying the brakes to slow down for a tight curve to enter the campground I 'am staying at.  I let the coach sit over the weekend before starting it this morning.  Both lights came on and stay on.

Approximately 8 months ago while driving the coach I had to slow down rapidly to avoid a car that pulled out in front of me.  Both the ABS and ATC lights came on but went off after a few minutes.

I checked Coach Assist and didn't see any documentation on the ABS or ATC systems.

Does anyone know what these systems look like and their location?  I would like to at least give them a visual inspection before trying to find a shop to take the coach to.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

The coach is a 06 Marquis with a Roadmaster chassis.

Thanks.
Technical Support / Re: Transmission Pad - Patriot won't start
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 19, 2024, 10:24:22 PM »
Randy
I assume at this point you have checked to see if you have power and grounds where you need them at the fuses and the TCM.
The double asterisk symbol identitys that the shift pads is not receiving information from the TCM this could be an issue with power to the TCM or a power supply issue within the TCM ( dead TCM ).

This may sound crazy but I have heard people having good luck diagnosis this by using a hair dryer to heat the TCM up for 5 to 10 minutes sometimes will
Get the TCM to communicate again allowing the TCM to operate and once you have a neutral indicator on the shift pad the engine should start.
If this works it indicates a problem internal to the TCM.
It worth a try.

Also to help with simple diagnostics this web site can help
First we'll need to know whether you have a W tech ll or W Tech lll system as they use a different wiring diagram and TCM.
The TCM should be located in the kick panel below the shift pad the WTech ll has rounded plugs where as the WTech lll has an longer narrower plug
This web site has step by step diagnostics for both

https://www.transmissioninstruments.com/ecu/

https://www.transmissioninstruments.com/wteciii/

Eric
General Discussion / Re: 98 Beaver motor coach info.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 19, 2024, 05:36:03 PM »
Randy
If the units still work they are likely still charged properly as they are hermetically sealed
One thing you will want to do though while you have the covers off is to open up the evaporator box and give the evaporator core a good cleaning as over time they will collect dust and dirt on the fins which will slow the air flow through it and kill the units ability to cool.
Also check the condenser fins clean and straighten any which are bent over blocking air flow and while your there put a drop of oil on the fan motor shafts.

https://youtu.be/cPbZmUmXEMU?si=BtN8G4t0arAg95VX

https://www.homedepot.com/p/AC-Safe-Air-Conditioner-Foaming-Coil-Cleaner-AC-921/206740351

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-Green-20-oz-Foaming-Coil-Cleaner-Aerosol-0110001213418/301285817

Hope you find this helpful
Eric
General Discussion / Re: 98 Beaver motor coach info.
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on July 19, 2024, 05:06:05 PM »
Thanks again Eric!!!  looked up the company from Canada...now I just need to verify which units I have....I really wish I could recharge the units....but.. I am not a refrigerant guy...so...I'll just live with what I have....it does get it cooler in the motorhome but on those 100 degree days you can feel it beating down thru the roof

ill be back down there in a few weeks so ill do some more research

thanks for all your help

Randy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10