Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: HWH Air leveling system
« Last post by Richard Davis on June 23, 2021, 03:50:33 AM »
A strong FYI.  There is a warning in the HWH literature about opening the T handle.  When you open the T handle, air in the system will be allowed to interact with the ride height control mechanism (the air springs may drop dramatically and quickly).  So, safety is utmost when opening these valves to insure that the coach is supported adequately while working underneath it.
Richard
« Last post by Richard Davis on June 23, 2021, 03:42:50 AM »
I found a couple of images of the Travel Mode bypass T handle in the HWH literature.  It also states that early models did not have the T handles.  My '06 has them.  Hoping your '05 does also.
« Last post by Bruce Hoglander on June 23, 2021, 03:16:08 AM »
Thank you David... will do.  Were you able to use your motorhome without the boards. HWH said that it needs to be wired to bypass the system and another member suggested I lok for a bypass on the manifolds which I will do tomorrow. I have a month long trip scheduled for Monday and am trying to get a work around so I can take the trip.
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic reservoir factory mistake ?
« Last post by Don and Kathy DuCharme on June 23, 2021, 01:10:22 AM »
We have exactly the same set-up as Bryan illustrated. I have changed the spin on filter regularly, but did not change the internal filters until this past year. I changed them because we blew a hole in the power steering line near the pump, and since the system was nearly empty it seemed like the prudent thing to do. We bought our coach new in 07 so it is as designed by factory.
« Last post by Mark Lorentz on June 22, 2021, 11:54:28 PM »
Thanks for the Pics Bryan,
Yes my setup is identical in every way, that tells me our setup is unchanged from the way they left the factory.
I could not believe it either that it was engineered that way that’s why I think it is a mistake by an installer.
Maybe I’m wrong but it looks very simple, that center bottom fitting looks to be the only way fluid could get into or out of the center core of the filters.
I removed every drop of fluid out of the reservoir so I could really inspect what was going on with it.
I did wonder why they had 2 different filters that are filtering the same oil.
Glad to here you have so many trouble free miles on your Contessa, I have 88K on mine.
I have read the whole power steering/hydraulic fan system is hard to find parts for and expensive to repair so taking care of it is wise.
Maybe someone else will have some insight.

Thanks again
Technical Support / Re: Power Gear leveling System
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on June 22, 2021, 11:39:40 PM »
Access Coach Assist. There is a Vaild Service Manual in the Leveling System section that shows all the connectors, including wire color.
Steve
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on June 22, 2021, 10:49:18 PM »
Second picture
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on June 22, 2021, 10:47:05 PM »
Mark here are 2 pictures of our configuration
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on June 22, 2021, 10:40:49 PM »
A few comments about HWH...

When I talked to the guy at HWH who was more familiar with my equipment, I had a good feeling that my repairs would be handled appropriately.

Before sending in anything to HWH for repair or return, get an authorization (RMA) from HWH.  It sounded like the authorization is a reservation for repairs.  The firm in Yuma that I was using, Bob's Diesel, told me to send in my equipment without getting the HWH authorization.  When I called the next week to check on the equipment repair schedule, they had placed my mailed box of equipment on a shelf because it had no authorization and, therefore, they did not know what to do with it.  I was glad I called and got an authorization completed after its delivery.  As it was, the repairs took about 1 1/2 months, including shipping to and from HWH.

I think the repairs would have been completed much sooner but for the initial lack of authorization, the reduced HWH crew size due to the Chinese Virus being in full force (May-June, 2020), and perhaps because my equipment was so old (nearly 20 years) that the older, more experienced technicians were staying away from the HWH workplace to avoid the Virus.

I say this extra delay was likely Virus caused because a few years earlier, my repair shop here near Hermiston had to send in the same HWH boards for repair.  The equipment repair for that event took about two weeks, including shipping to and from HWH.

« Last post by Bruce Hoglander on June 22, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
Thank you both for your reply. I will look at the manifolds for the override handle for immediate repair and also plan on sending the "brain" for repair once I am parked. zzzzzzzI will post what I find out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10