Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Tom Webber on March 08, 2024, 05:57:31 PM »
Steve,

I purchased a Viair Model 380c.  Hopefully, this will work. I remember someone posted having to run a 10ga wire and installing a 30 or 40 amp relay. I can’t find that post. Would you email me (twebber93@yahoo.com) your contact information as I or the tech working on my project might want to contact you.

Tom Webber
Technical Support / Re: water leak HELP
« Last post by George Frudakis on March 08, 2024, 04:38:00 PM »
Thanks Carl
The blue tape is a great idea.
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on March 08, 2024, 04:17:15 AM »
Tom,
This may be helpful. https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,9876.msg67401.html#msg67401
Contact me if you need more info.
Steve
Technical Support / Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Tom Webber on March 08, 2024, 03:45:58 AM »
I have a 2006 Monterey and on Monday a RV tech is going to replace the leveling compressor. I have purchased a Viair compressor to replace whatever the coach was born with. I purchased this coach used in 2016 and the existing compressor has never worked. Could someone tell me exactly was has to be done to facilitate the switch to the new compressor. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Webber
Technical Support / Re: water leak HELP
« Last post by Carl Boger on March 08, 2024, 12:06:36 AM »
Not being familiar with the layout of your coach I can only give general advise.  Even if the roof was recently resealed I would start up there.  Look around any AC units, fans, or skylights.  I would also look at the side wall seam, they often need to be resealed. Also the seam at the end caps needs to be looked at.   I have had a leak in the skylight from a crack that was hard to see unless you caught the light just right. 
I have also found it useful to put painters tape over any suspected seams or cracks and see if it suddenly stops leaking.  Painters tape can usually seal the area and still be removed without damage.

From there you can examine the windows.  Leaks are sometimes hard to find since the water can travel some distance before you see it inside.

Hopefully this is helpful.
Technical Support / water leak HELP
« Last post by George Frudakis on March 07, 2024, 09:18:56 PM »
2002 Marquis= When it rains in find the wall in the bedroom that by the doorway that sperate the bedroom from the bathroom. The other side of the wall is the washer dryer closest. The water stain is just down at the bottom and heaver toward the outside wall.  I had my roof resealed 3 months ago.
I look down the wall in the washer dryer area, using the hatch in the back, and do not see any water or water stains. Any idea where to look?
Technical Support / Re: Headlights go on and off
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 04, 2024, 01:20:31 AM »
Bruce
In the 96 Patriot wiring diagrams page 33 shows the headlight grounds as terminal #3 in the C9 connector .
The C9 connector should be a 19 pin connector with all but two pins used.
The circuit # is 86G

Look for a discolored connection or loose pin in the plug if the pin has been arking you may have to repair the connector pin  or simply bypass it by adding a wire around the connector.
Sometimes the front cap or windshield will leak water into the electrical bay causing problems with these connections try unplugging inspect clean with brake clean or electrical cleaner before reconnecting the plug
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 04, 2024, 12:25:08 AM »
Bruce
The information in coach assist is one of the best resources of the BAC club forum and worth spending so time studying.
Go to the blue link at the top of this forum page . Click the link then click on the technical drop down in coach assist then follow down the index to the wiring diagram section and click on the appropriate year model coach for your wiring diagrams

We don't have a true 1999 Marquis wiring diagram but For your coach the 1996 patriot wiring diagrams should be as close as any.but you may have to look through the 2000 Marquis diagrams and others to piece together what you need
« Last post by Bruce Sevier on March 04, 2024, 12:05:52 AM »
Thanks Rick

At your suggestion if I grab and move the wiring harnesses at the front of the electrical bay the headlights come on and off. There's 6 connection plugs 3 large black, 1 large gray and 2 smaller ones. I've found wires with ground and a number printed on them, problem is I think I need a wiring diagram to find the correct wire. I've tried to find manuals and wiring diagrams on this website. I think they are available but don't know how to access them. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce
Technical Support / Re: water pump on/off switch's
« Last post by Fred Brooks on March 03, 2024, 03:10:22 PM »
     Eric,
Thanks for sharing the previous post from a couple of years ago! Beaver's version of Intellitec multiplex water pump controller is easy to mis-understand. If Rick will follow the logic of the diagram, he will find the issue. If someone replaced the switch in the water bay with an "on-off" switch and left it on, then the water pump cannot be turned off. Enclosed is a picture showing where the water pump relays are located.
     Here is the sequence of operation:
  1- Both relays are "off".
  2- The "run relay" gets its "ground" from the "latch relay" (87A)
  3- Pushing "up" on the momentary switch activates the "run relay"
  4- The water pump is now on or in standby ready to come on
  5- Pushing down on the momentary switch disconnects the "ground" from the "latch" relay
  6- The run relay now loses its "ground connection" and shuts off.
  7- When you let go of the momentary switch and ground is restored on the latch relay
  8- You are back to step 1
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10