Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: 2004 Cummins ISL 400
« Last post by Eric Maclean on May 31, 2024, 06:41:34 PM »
Don
Your post states your working on a 2004 with a Cummins and your profile shows you have a 2006.
For clarification we need to know What year make  and model are we working on to get the wiring diagrams right
We need to know whether it's a engine no crank or crank no start.

With that said here goes.
You stated you have poor or low voltage to the ECM

1) First check the ignition side buss bar in the electrical bay to be sure the ignition solenoid is not going. Bad your looking to see if you have a good 12 volts with the ignition on..next check each of the ECM feed circuit breaker on that buss bar to verify it has good voltage going out .

2) depending on the coach in the rear usually in the back of the battery bay there should be an ECM power relay check it to make sure you don't have a bad wire or a bad relay.

3) check. The wiring around the battery area your looking for 2 or 3 fuse holders ( again coach dependant)  these supply direct 12 volts to the ECM and the TCM and can get corroded from the battery acids causing problems.

4) check all your battery cables and ground connections

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Valid fuse
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on May 31, 2024, 01:11:15 PM »
F20 is the Valid Air compressor fuse.  F46 should power the controller/keypad.
Have you checked the circuit breaker on the generator?
Steve
Technical Support / Re: Valid fuse
« Last post by Chuck Jackson on May 31, 2024, 12:52:35 PM »
I had a 2008 Contessa, and I saved a screenshot of an old post here on the forum where another owner defined the Valid air leveling fuse as F20.
Technical Support / Valid fuse
« Last post by Al Postma on May 31, 2024, 05:19:08 AM »
I have a 2007 Contessa with air only Valid levelers.  I have had a nightmare with the electrical systems since having been  hit by lightening.  I think I have the 120 volt working properly now, but now to the 12 volt.  My generator will not go out and the valid keyboard is dead.  Everything on the panel under the window(?) where the keyboard is, seems to have power.  I looked for blown fuses in the electrical cabinet below the drivers seat and didn't see any that appear blown.  Can someone help me by giving me the fuse number of the fuse for the Valid and the fuse for the generator out?  Thank you ahead of time.
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on May 31, 2024, 02:25:00 AM »
One other thing, on our coach the Allison transmission keypad MUST show an "N" (Neutral) before the engine will attempt to start.
« Last post by Gene Obie on May 30, 2024, 06:33:05 PM »
Since you indicated possible low voltage issue I'm assuming you've checked all chassis battery connections , especially ground wires. One suggestion would be to start the generator and get a charge going on the batteries - that should raise the battery voltage enough if you happen to be just on the edge of a low voltage issue due to wiring problem.
General Discussion / 2004 Cummins ISL 400
« Last post by Don Colapietro on May 30, 2024, 04:40:39 PM »
we are working on a 2004 Cummins ISL 400 which died on its maiden voyage. running just fine, then shut off... no spitting or sputtering, just shut off and would not restart. plenty of fuel at the filters. it has a brand new ECM and now shows a code for speed sensor. getting tired of throwing new parts at it. we know just enough to be dangerous. some of the DC voltages at the ECM seem to be low. HELP !  where do we look now?  Don Colapietro 239 940 6199  Thanks

do                     
Technical Support / Re: 04 Beaver Monterey slides stuck out
« Last post by Richard Davis on May 28, 2024, 01:06:02 AM »
Mark
When I was faced with this situation, I did not have 6 strong men to push the slide in.  I opened the windows on both sides, removed the screens and found a couple of pieces of scrap lumber to go on the outside.  A nylon ratchet strap provided the force to pull the slide in.  It was a bit slow and cumbersome, but it did work.  Good luck.
Richard 
« Last post by Joel Ashley on May 27, 2024, 10:45:02 PM »
Illustration from the ‘06 manual.  I believe the streetside front is solenoid pair #1 on the manifold, as they supposedly go counterclockwise in number around the coach starting with that slide.
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on May 27, 2024, 04:07:54 PM »
Instructions should be in your owners manual under Slide Operation.
From the 2005 Owners Manual (don't have a copy of the 04):

Monterey 2005 Equipment --- Section 5 • 199
Emergency Procedures - Manual Slide-out Override
If the slide-out room fails to operate, a safety feature may be engaged to prevent room operation.
Check these items if the slide-out room does not respond from the switch:
• Is the ignition key OFF?
• Is the park brake applied?
Pump motor operates, but the slide-out room does not move:
• Check the two fuses adjacent to the hydraulic pump. If the fuses test good and the room does
not operate, it is possible to manually retract a single galley slide. Dual galley slide-outs use
different hydraulic components. Several people (as many as eight) are needed to push
in the room. It may be necessary to contact a repair facility to have the problem diagnosed.
Manual Slide-out Room Operation:
1. Retract the motorhome’s hydraulic leveling jacks (see Leveling Jacks).
2. Locate the slide-out room hydraulic pump on the lower curbside front frame of the chassis.
3. Use a ¼" Nut Driver or the bottom of the reservoir cap to turn the release nuts on the
solenoids counterclockwise. Do not exceed four and a half revolutions. Damage to the
solenoids may result. The room may move slightly when valves are opened and internal
pressure is released.
4. Line up equal distance along the outside wall. Do not push on the flange.
5. In synchronized movements, push the room in with repeated attempts.
6. Close the release nuts when the room is fully retracted.
NOTE:
The slide-out room is heavy and will require several people to push it in

Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10