Author Topic: Air suspension operation problems  (Read 5907 times)

Richard Efland

Air suspension operation problems
« on: June 11, 2016, 08:18:40 PM »
We have a 2004 Marquis with a tag axle.  Is there a possible relationship between the location of the tag axle (up or down setting on driver console) and the even filling to ride height of the air suspension?  Scenario is if the tag axle is "up" when starting the coach ( air bags are low from storage ) it looks like the main airbags will not fill or fill uneven until you drop the tag axle and then it immediately sets the airbags to ride height - the coach settles to proper height and driving symptoms are normal.  No air leaks detected and if you let it sit for several days, the ride height is unchanged. 

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Air suspension operation problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:02:36 AM »
When I go to travel mode, the coach often comes up unlevel.  I have to dump air to get the coach down then re-air up to bring it level.  I always have my tag in auto so it comes up when I am slow speed maneuvering.  You may have a point!  I'm moving tomorrow and I will try with tag down.  Thanks for bringing it up.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »
When you "dump" the air should the coach be running?

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 08:08:48 PM »
No, you would be building air from the engine compressor at the same time, which is interfering with the dump operation.

Later Ed

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:57:54 PM »
I put the tag down the other day before I aired up into travel mode.  This time when the air came up the coach was level.  Maybe connected.  I will try different Variations for awhile to see what happens.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Peter Chambliss

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
I have an 2004 Marquis also.  Yesterday the right front airbag stayed fully up resulting in a broken windshield as the other airbags went to travel height. I was on the road and couldn't get it to go down. I had difficulty getting the slides in also.  I had to drive it that way and finally after a few miles it all leveled out. At my next stop the hydrollic leveling wouldn't work but the air leveling worked as normal. Not sure what is going on but need to get it fixed before replacing windshield. I don't remember if the tag was up or down but I think it was down. The campsite I was in had require the front airbags to be fully extended to level the coach.  Prior to this I've never had any issues with either the air leveling system or the hydrollic leveling system.  The windshield is completely shattered on the right side.  Any suggestions appreciated. Any body know of a good shop in the Washington DC area?

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 03:41:25 PM »
Peter,
Check out http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=MD  for possible shops if no one has a recommendation.  You might also contact Cherry Hill RV  Park in College Park MD to see if they have any recommendations for service in the area.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:32:00 PM »
We have a 2004 Marquis with a tag axle.  Is there a possible relationship between the location of the tag axle (up or down setting on driver console) and the even filling to ride height of the air suspension?  Scenario is if the tag axle is "up" when starting the coach ( air bags are low from storage ) it looks like the main airbags will not fill or fill uneven until you drop the tag axle and then it immediately sets the airbags to ride height - the coach settles to proper height and driving symptoms are normal.  No air leaks detected and if you let it sit for several days, the ride height is unchanged.

Richard, whether it means anything or not I don't know but...I normally have the tag in auto as I said above, and the coach usually comes up to travel height crooked.  I put the tag down last week and left it alone.  I have been moving the coach almost daily going to maint appts I've had here in Grand Junction.  Not once have I had to dump air to let the coach air up straight.  It has done it on it's own 8-10 since Monday morning.  As far as I'm concerned you have figured it out!  Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH