Author Topic: Level With Me HWH  (Read 4007 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Level With Me HWH
« on: September 01, 2020, 01:22:17 AM »
Ok, Just thought I'd try to 'tweak' or fine-tune the air leveling (HWH 2000) on my '05 Patriot w/ tag. I finally found the sensor adjustment poking thru the relay box side. I have the 'override-normal super secret sensitivity setting, on the side of the relay box.  I have the instructions from HWH. I found the screw and 1/2" 'nut' that effect the level adjustment. What I don't have is a clue as to where the 4 LED's are that indicate which screw (A,B,C,D) needs to be adjusted. The relay panel is mounted to the ceiling of the front run bay; maybe I need to lay on my back to see the inside of the relay box thru the clear cover. 
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Level With Me HWH
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 03:59:26 AM »
I use Leslie's large bathroom mirror, about 6" by 8" - hold it at a 45 degree angle up and look horizontally into the mirror.  Sometimes I take a picture too with my cell phone.  It's impossible to work on that control box unless you're under 35 years old!  My control box has an aluminum cover.  It's hard enough to get off by removing four screws.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 04:17:27 AM »
Nearly twice that age wise-So I guess  I'll get a big pillow and have a look tomorrow! Thanks David!
525 hp C13

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »
On mine (mounted to ceiling in front electric bay) you can not see the level lights inside the HWH control box, you have to use the "level lights on the HWH dash panel".

The adjustment screw/nut is very sensitive (only turn the adjustments very very slightly each time). Then go to HWH manual mode and use the lower button to drop chassis (dump the air), and then go back to automatic leveling mode to see how your adjustment worked. You cant just turn the adjuster until a light goes out and leave it at that. You have to dump the air and let the HWH readjust itself after each teak.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 04:05:16 PM »
Mike, Turning the screw adjusts LEDs  "A & C; turning the 'nut' adjusts LEDs 'B & D'. Have you determined the orientation of A & C and/ or B & D? Front, back, right, left? HWH instructions do not say. From the HWH diagram, it would seem A& C are fore/aft, and B&D are left/right. We'll see.
525 hp C13

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 05:19:18 PM »
I have this HWH document on tweaking the auto leveling settings. The added the highlighted comments to remind me of a few details for the next time I need to do it.
I hope this helps.
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 05:34:43 PM »
That helps, and thanks for keeping good notes!!
525 hp C13

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
Thanks, Mike. Saved it in my RVing Stuff/Manuals and Maintenance/HWH Leveling folder.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad