Author Topic: hwh slide  (Read 2354 times)

Richard Faure

hwh slide
« on: September 04, 2020, 04:25:21 AM »
My drivers side slide bent the ram and I had to get a new one.  I put the new one in.  I have power at the switches and the switches work. Do the wires from the switches go to the valves or to the relays.  The orange and the brown wires leave the switches and I have orange and brown wires down at the valves but pushing the switches I dont get power,  Do they go to a relay first?  In some diagram there was a main controller for slides.  If I have one I dont know where it is. Any help would be great. Thanks

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: hwh slide
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 09:17:54 AM »
Richard, welcome.  Help is likely available here, but they may need your coach model and year.

Most of us add at least that much info to either our profile or our signature fields so others can readily identify with our commentary.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
We need to know the model and year to provide good help.
One check you can do while waiting for drawings, is to make sure the Bay doors are all closed tight (some Coaches have a slide lockout to protect the Bay doors). This would apply is none of the Slide rooms are working - is that the case, or is only the room that you worked on that wont move?

Richard Faure

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 01:57:58 AM »
Sorry about that. 2005 Beaver patriot thunder.  Just the driver side slide wont work.  I took the switch out. Power is off to the motorhome.  The switch is working properly.  With the switch disconnected from the wires all of the wires have continuity.  I took the diode out that activates the pump when either out or in is activated.  I still have continuity on all of the wires when disconnected.  Not sure how this can be.  The other wires from all of the slides continuity test out fine but the drivers has continuity on all.  It looks like all the wires just go down to the pump.  It is only 10 ft of wire so a relay might be pooched but im after a little advice.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »
Does the front Passenger side slide room work? They share the same relay in the front Electric Bay.

Richard Faure

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 02:05:52 PM »
Yes it does work. Is that relay in with all the rest of the relays?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 03:21:18 PM »
Yes. Is located in the same group with the other relays. It is relay "K3" for my '05 PT.
But if the curbside slide out works then the relay is okay. This relay is used to prevent slide out operation if the ignition key is On. But it would still be a good idea to take a look at the wires coming off that relay to be sure a wire (i.e. one that runs to roadside hwh solenoid) didn't pull off a crimp or such.

BTW, the rear slide outs do not use this relay. I have not figured out if there is another relay for these rear slide outs (located somewhere other than the front elec bay) or if they are wired directly to the HWH pump/solenoids. But that is irrelevant for this thread.

I have a drawing from HWH which may help you. It will not be 100% correct (for one the '05 PT does not have Bay door interlocks) but I think it is pretty close to the way our Coach switches are wired up for the front Slide outs.

Richard Faure

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 02:23:31 AM »
After going through everything it looks like my solenoids are bad for the drivers slide.  Is there a place to get them other than hwh?

Mike Shumack

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
You can get them from Northwest RV Supply http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/RAP42632.html

To add: The NWRV site says the parts will be "dropped shipped" - so maybe that means they will come directly from HWH (with some markup added by NWRV?). You may want to call HWH and see what their pricing is too.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 06:17:30 PM by Mike Shumack »

Richard Faure

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 04:58:00 AM »
Thanks