Author Topic: Fresh water tank  (Read 2504 times)

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
Fresh water tank
« on: September 08, 2020, 02:45:38 PM »
My freshwater tank on my PT has not worked since I bought it about three years ago. It always reads 102 gallons my freshwater tank.  It always reads 102 gallons whether full or empty. The gray and black water tanks readings work fine.  Do I have a bad sensor, and if I do where is it? Or, does it need to be recalibrated and....  if so how do I do that? Thanks
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Re: Fresh water tank
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 03:34:12 AM »
Sounds like a failed sensor since the reading never changes.  Catcon sensor can be purchased from BCS in Bend, OR.  Mike in parts can likely tell you exactly where it’s located.  He told me that on the Marquis there is an access panel that can be removed from whatever covers the fresh water tank.  He said you can access it from under the coach with the slides out.  It is located in the side of the tank. 
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12
The following users thanked this post: Fred Cook

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »
Yep, I found the sensor and called Mike about it last week. It is made by Setra and BCS wants somewhere around $520 for it.....  I forget the exact price. Problem is, besides being terribly expensive,  if that does not solve the issue I cannot return the part to BCS for a refund because they will not accept returned electronic parts. So, I got the numbers off the sensor in my coach and called Setra and I ordered one from them at $376. This was my best option as the sensor is cheaper and I can also return it, but would have to pay a 20% restock fee. 
Fred & Cindy

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:26:54 PM »
Fred, Check for the calibration procedure for Aladdin tank sensors in Coach Assist. Download the "Aladdin Troubleshooting Manual". There is a procedure for 2003 units using your Setra sensors, It may work for your 2002 coach. In the BAC forum, go to "Private, Members only" then click on "Coach Assist" and follow the link. Let us know if your new sensor fixes the problem!
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 08:34:10 PM »
Fred, Check for the calibration procedure for Aladdin tank sensors in Coach Assist. Download the "Aladdin Troubleshooting Manual". There is a procedure for 2003 units using your Setra sensors, It may work for your 2002 coach. In the BAC forum, go to "Private, Members only" then click on "Coach Assist" and follow the link. Let us know if your new sensor fixes the problem!

Bill,  I don’t believe I have an Aladdin system. My monitors read Silver leaf. Are the procedures the same for calibration?
Fred & Cindy

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 09:40:06 PM »
Oops! Don't know about Silverleaf, but they do have info online if you wanna Google them.....
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bob Stone

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »
Fred, if cost or compatibility are an issue you might want to consider Garnet SeeLevel at seelevelgauges.com I am not an agent for this company but I have installed this product myself to monitor fresh water, grey water, black water and propane tanks when the Aladdin System let me down. I am pleased with the ease of installation and considerably reduced likely hood of a fouled sensor.
Bob Stone
'05 Monterey Laguna IV  Cat C-9