Author Topic: Magnum 2812 issue  (Read 2095 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Magnum 2812 issue
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:36:56 PM »
Power shut down this am while using toaster, 1500 watt space heater, and microwave. While checking breaker which was ok, power came back on.

I assumed my EMS Power Management shut down and checked - No Error message and power was good.

Turned off space heater and started toaster and microwave again to finish breakfast. Power shut off again and didn't return.

I checked Magnun control center and noticed Red light fault. I turned everything off and noticed on Aladdin system I was still drawing 19 amps on leg 2.

I turned off breaker for Inverter at Sub-Panel and Aladdin leg 2 dropped to 0.  Turned breaker back on and Leg 2 went back to 19 amps

I went into basement and Magnum was running hard, sounded like an extreme charging mode. 

I shut down Inverter and reset. 

Everything back to normal , no extreme noise from Inverter and Leg 2 amps back to normal.

Have no idea what went wrong. The fault in code on Magnum Control Panel was  "Low Bat  Hi-D-0 "

Did I send the Inverter into some extreme mode by drawing to much power ?

Should I get Inverter checked out ? It only 2 years old.

Thanks in advance.

Darrell
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Magnum 2812 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »
   Darrell,
Even if you are plugged into shore power, you only have limited power passing thru the inverter circuit to there respective outlets. Example: The microwave, galley outlet, bathroom, front and rear tv's and other outlets that are being powered up thru the inverter. If you add up the watts that you were running: toaster = 1500 watts, heater =1500 watts, microwave = 1500 watts, that equals 4500 watts passing thru a 2800 watt inverter. Plug the toaster into another outlet not powered by the inverter and try moving the electric heater to another outlet that is not on either circuits. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
I realize I was pulling to much power through the circuit. My real concern was what happened to my Inverter.
The Inverter was "Off" at the time but the excess power draw put it into some massive charging mode.
The Inverter alone was drawing 18 amps as noted on the Aladdin power display.
I had to shut down and reset Inverter to correct the power draw.
Typically, my breaker will trip under this condition, this time breaker did not trip and Inverter went into some crazy mode.
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 08:01:21 PM »
    Darrell,
 That being said, I would call Magnum and run that scenario by them and see what they advise. 425-353-8833 Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6