Author Topic: Leak in Bay Storage Area  (Read 1798 times)

Ed Beckett

Leak in Bay Storage Area
« on: February 07, 2021, 09:41:45 PM »
My Second request for assistance. 2004 Beaver Monterey, Storage Bay was wet on the passenger side between Black and Grey tanks up to area under slide. The Luan was rotted both top and bottom so took it out along with insulation. Replaced both and now dry. No leak in Tank areas. Previous owner said the cause was design allowing water penetration. If design was issue surely others have had the same problem. Any guidance from those with experience. Thanks Ed

Bill Sprague

Re: Leak in Bay Storage Area
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 02:06:06 AM »
Are you getting water in the tank bay?  On our '04 Monterey the wheel well parts were not sealed.  In the rain water flew off the tire and through a seam in the wheel well.  It drenched the tank area, including the Aladin box in the tank bay.  Calking fixed it.

There were slide leaks, clearance light leaks and this wheel well.  All were fixable. 

Ed Beckett

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »
Thanks, Not sure which tank bay you may be speaking of for sure. The fresh water tank is up in there but the leak is just forward of the sanitary bay area. Just back from the bay with the slide out storage platform. The bay goes from one side to the other and is on opposite side of the water pump area. Brought the Beaver out of Florida where is was stored outside in high humidity. I am just wondering where the water gets in so I can figure a way to stop it from happening. Will keep Beaver for 3 years but I am a person who likes things to work right. Cosmetics not so big a deal for me. Best, Ed

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »
We have a 2004 Monterey/Laguna. I have had similar leak issues in that area.
First One -  Rain water collected in space below front passenger slide above basement. There is a black seal covering that area that had small cracks allowing water to leak into bay area. I cleaned and used a black rubberized spray paint to reseal. Problem solved.

Second - The silicone sealant at the trim band just above basement doors at water bay and door to right had failed and water was entering into basement. Cleaned and resealed with silicone - Problem solved

Hope this helps.

Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Shoen

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:13:09 PM »
Just remembered another leak issue.
The hose bib connector (white plastic base plate ) in water bay on drivers side cracked and was dripping onto carpet flooring. I didn't notice until I opened Grey/Black tank bay doors on passenger side and carpet was wet. Took a while to figure out as I assumed it was leaking at passenger side and not driver side. The moisture corroded the Alladin Tank sensor module in that area and had to be replaced. Not easy to find that module, so recommend opening yours and checking/cleaning if needed.
Darrell Terry
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Ed Beckett

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 07:15:07 PM »
Thanks for the information on the Black/Grey tank area. Do not think the sensors work for those but saw on line sensor systems for a song so likely will just use something else or update the Alladin system to something else if I keep the Coach. Is it possible for you to send over a couple photos of the area causing the water intrusion? That would help me to ID the area you mention. Thanks Ed