Author Topic: Water filter ...  (Read 7662 times)

Tom Rogers

Water filter ...
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »
Our 2006 Monterey ..... have only been able to find one wire mesh water filter that is installed in line close to the water pump ...... Should I have some sort of micro fiber filter factory installed somewhere that I cannot find? If in fact there is none .... any recomendations as to why I should use one? We really haven't had any water supply issues except in the Phoenix area where the water source is horrible tasteing!!!

Gerald Farris

Re: Water filter ...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »
The wire mesh strainer at the water pump is designed to protect the pump from debris in the water that may damage the pump only and not "clean" the water. You may have an inline (chlorine & taste)  filter in the line that supplies the ice maker. If you want to install a whole house filter, there are numerous filters aviable and the best one would depend upon exactly what you are trying to remove from the water. The best location to install a new filter system is the water service bay so all water coming into the coach is filtered.

Gerald

chester wells

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »
If your 2006 Montery is like our 2006 Montery the only water filter you have is for the ice maker. It is located in the same compartment as the water pump (a compartment in the pass thru storage bay). For drinking water we installed a GE filter system that includes a spigot you install (ours is next to the kitchen sink). The system is available at Lowes and Home Depot. There are several levels of filters available for the system, some filter just the taste and some remove most all contaminates). Installation of the systems requires connecting a water hose (1/4 inch tube) to the cold water piping under the sink, the 1/4 tube connects to the filter (mounted under the sink), and another tube connects the filter to the faucet. The faucet is mounted to counter top by drilling a hole in the corian (surrounding corian will not be damaged by drilling the hole).

We use the filter that removes mostl of the contaminates. Some campgrounds have their own water wells, might be problem. And when using water from the onboard water tank I don't always feel comfortable with the quality of tha water. I also changed the ice maker filter supplied with the coach, it mainly just filters taste. The same GE filter can be installed in the same position as the original ice maker filter.

Both filters should cost around $100 including the hardware required.  

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »
Ours has the http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/everpure-water-treatment-system/4140 locatedby the sink. It also has the in line one for the ice maker. Both were installed when built.

Phil And Carol Upham

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »
What is the expected life span of a water filter with fulltime use?  How do you know when it is time to change them?  I am trying to develop a PM program for our Beaver.
Thanks,
Phil

George Vukich

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:10:38 PM »
Change your water filter at least once a year.  Periodically ck. filter for scum or slime buildup on the outside.  Replace if found.  If you notice a drop in water pressure or volume, change the fiter.