Author Topic: Access to dash heater blower?  (Read 1692 times)

Jeffrey Antonelli

• BAC Member
Access to dash heater blower?
« on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
Hello All,

As Eric knows I am trying to fix the dash heat not working. I am at the truck service center now.  They have gone through a number of steps, and now want to see if the blower can is worn out as the cause of the issue. Thing is the huge black cover for the blower "under the hood" not only has fasteners you can see the heads on and access with. Square drive, but also more fasteners that are coming from the inside of the Rav! Question is how do you access those?

Before I get out the chainsaw or saw all to the beautiful wood center dash assembly, if anyone know please let me know.

You can also email me directly at jeffrey@antonelli-law.com

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Antonelli
1996 Patriot Yorktown

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Access to dash heater blower?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:40:46 PM »
Jeffery,
Is the blower motor not running or is it running but no air is coming out? If the latter, reverse the power and ground connections to the blower motor to change the rotation direction.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 09:13:23 PM »
Jeff In your coach the blower housing is mounted on the inside of the the fire wall behind the center console .
The under hood housing has the heater core and evaporator as well as an air door for outside air.
The roberson head ( square head) screws hold the housing to the firewall the screws you see that look like they are coming from the inside are not they are actually holding a sheet metal plate to the back of the outter housing not retain for the outside air door hinge.
The blower motor and defrost and heat doors are in a seperate housing mounted on the inside of the firewall
The system parts where built by a company called ACME  hopefully not the same one the road runner bought all his stuff from.
http://acmeairparts.com/rvpartsnewwithcart.html
In my coach it turns out ACME used a control head from a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier without rear defogger GM #182772

The blower resistor is from a 1980 Ford F100 with air conditioning  Ford # D8BH-19A706-AB
  or standard motor products #RU-439

The heater core is an ACME part #4560030

The blower motor I haven't confirmed yet but it appears to be General motors as well

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »
   The blower motor can be purchased from NAPA or Auto Zone for about 40.00. Caution because it could be a "clockwise" application or it could be a "counter-clockwise" motor. You can determine by looking at the blower vanes on the blower wheel once you remove the center consol and and the 5 screws to get the blower motor out. My Marquis has one of each (passenger side has it's own controls). Fan speed is direct 12 volts for "high" (dedicated seperate fuse) and all the other speeds thru the resister block Eric mentioned (different fuse). Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6