Author Topic: Help identifying fuel filters and service bay items  (Read 2667 times)

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Help identifying fuel filters and service bay items
« on: April 14, 2021, 12:59:02 AM »
I am trying to identify exactly what I currently have for filters and equipment in my service bay.  Looking over others photos mine looks different than some similar years, and some parts and pieces have been replaced over the years. 

I believe that I should have a Cat 1R-0751 filter in place of the Wix33377 filter that is there now.

I am not sure if the racor/parker filter has been updated, but it currently has a Parker S3230P filter on it.  I think this is the correct filter for this location, but there are 2 wires that come out of that housing.  Only one is connected,see pictures, so I am guessing the second one may not be needed.

The container on the left has Dextron II on it and is full so I have not messed with it, but what is it for? 

I have not had to use the racor parker fuel water separator but it appears to be there to purge air or water.  When and how would you use this?

When should the clear fuel sight glass be changed?

I can understand the 4 air bleed valves for the air tanks and use them occasionally to drain off water, which has not been a problem.

Thanks for cluing me in on this, It is time to change the oil and filters for this year and I will be doing it since I can now borrow a place that will handle it and all the used oil. 
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Help identifying fuel filters and service bay items
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 01:54:44 AM »
Carl
The older Winn Coleman system which you have wAs merged with Raycor years back shortly after the Rayco took over they discontinued the filter element which Winn Coleman used and offered a retrofit system that uses a Rayco filter and a sediment bowl like the one you have the extra wire was supposed for system s with a dash water monitor lamp on your coach it's not used
The sight glass screen can be rinsed out back flushed the only reason bro replace it is if it is cracked or deteriorating .
The O rings should be serviced each time you remove the sight glass screen assembly to avoid air invalidation into the fuel system the O rings are both made of Nitrile and can be picked up at a hydraulic shop
They are .612 OD x .103 Cross section Part #114
                .609OD x .139 Cross section  Part # 208
There are two on each end of the sight glass housings four in total
The coach assist section has the information on maintenance of the sight glass and the retrofit kit for the Raycor system
It should answer your questions.

It's also a good idea to run Cat filter on the secondary instead of the Wix filter as they have a finer micron rating.

The dextron resevoir is the hydralic oil for your power steering and on your coach I thing the one resistor supplies oil to both the steering and the cooling fan motor you want to keep clean oil in the hydralic tank to avoid wear in the pump and motor caused by dirty or degraded oil.

Hope this helps
Eric
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 02:00:12 AM by Eric Maclean »
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Carl Boger

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »
Helps a lot Eric,  Clarifies what is there.  Didn't want to move forward and not fix it if needed. 
Carl

330 hp Cat 3126

Bob chambers

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »
not to hijack your thread but does any one know where i can buy a replacement white round screw on cover says Scott on it in service bay? 97 monterey

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »
Bob
What cover are you talking about is it the towel dispenser ?
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR

Bob chambers

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »
hi Eric,
could be, its just under the fluid tank mine is all cracked it  has a o ring seal maybe 6"or 7" in diameter?
thanks,Bob

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 03:28:07 PM »
Bob
I believe the canisters white plastic tube was originally made by the producers of Scott towels . believe it or not mine still has towels in it.
The whole canister is held in by those bolted stainless steel clamps you see around the outside edge of the canister .
You might want to remove it and try to find something close at walmart or a parts supply store.looking for moistened hand wipes.
I don't think you can get the original any more but I've never looked.
Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 10:57:23 PM »
Its a Scott  paper towel dispenser.  Mine was empty unlike Eric's, but I did some replacements that fit.  Had to waste a few to get them to pull out of the center.  Now it is handy when checking the oil or transmission levels.
Carl

330 hp Cat 3126

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 01:22:41 AM »
Carl
What did you find to fit the original bucket
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 12:38:48 AM »
On Amazon, Cellysoft Stefco 600 sheet center pull dispenser cleaning towel, 7.6" x 8". 
There are others out there also selling something similar.  It came is a box of 6 so more than I needed, but I will use them for other messes as well. 

Have to pull the cardboard tube out and then a few paper towels to get them to feed right.  Always have something handy to check the fluid levels. 
Carl

330 hp Cat 3126
The following users thanked this post: Eric Maclean