Author Topic: Propane line  (Read 1772 times)

Ron Davis

• BAC Member
  • Ron and Noah, Parrot Pets Marley and Tika,
Propane line
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:35:38 PM »
Replacing the Propane line from the tank to the generator ...  someone before me put on a rubber line, it’s like 18 feet.  This fairly new one generated a leak at the joint.  We believe it’s not a high pressure hose, thus the leak.   No one seems to think this is right.  This hose runs right off a second valve that doesn’t have a regulator,  and has a label ‘Liquid’ ....right into the 6500 generator.....  the generator ran fine for the times I used it... 
they are saying at least it needs to be braided steel, this one wasn’t but others are telling me to run hard line to the front of the coach then fled for the generator to move in and out....  or even others think a regulator need to be here at the tank before this line .

Does anyone know what the rules are for this generator... does it have its own regulator, or what ... something definitely doesn’t feel right, except that it worked fine till the line began to leak.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:37:09 PM by Ron Davis »
1996 Beaver Patriot Trenton
CAT3126 Allison 6sp 3000
Magnum B Chassis
Flat Towing a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Propane line
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 09:18:35 PM »
Ron
My best advise would be to read and follow the installation manual for your Onan generator it can be found with a simple internet search .

Hope this helps Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.
The following users thanked this post: Ron Davis

Lee Welbanks

Re: Propane line
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 02:33:08 AM »
NFPA 1192 has all the standards for propane in rv's. The fuel line should not come off the liquid side of the tank and it must have a regulator just for starters.
The following users thanked this post: Ron Davis