Author Topic: Slide out lock aasy  (Read 2094 times)

Dennis Belfils

Slide out lock aasy
« on: June 03, 2021, 02:15:58 PM »
We are looking for replacement slide out locks. Does anyone know who makes these, or if they can be repaired?

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Slide out lock aasy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 02:59:23 PM »
If you are looking for the lever-spring mechanism on the ends of your drivers side slide, we had ours repaired at BCS (Beaver Coach Sales) in Bend Or. Other shops may be able to do the same work.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:08:41 PM »
Yes, Bill, those are the ones. We they able to repair them or did they replace them? Ours are pretty beat up, levers, springs cables, & plastic.........

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 12:29:00 AM »
Repaired; I think it was just a lube job, the biggest task it seems are finding replacement push connectors to replace the ones destroyed when taking the cover off. Working fine now.
525 hp C13

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
Bill I was able to pick up the push in rivets at a local hardware store but I am sure any automotive supply or amazon could help.
AHOMASH 8mm(5/16") Hole Plastic Rivets Fastener Push Clips for Car Auto Fender Bumper Body Panels
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 05:10:29 PM »
Were able to find a set. They are very proud of them @ $2700.00. Still don't know who makes/made them or if someone can rebulid them. At that replacement cost, think we will find alternatives........

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »
You know, there is a guy, Chris Throgmartin, who owns Stone Vos in Fla. They make slide topper replacement fabric and he is expert at slide out issues, especially water damage to slide outs. I'll bet he might be able to help you with some advice, if not a repair. I just replaced the topper fabric on my pass side slide, they were very helpful.

http://stonevos.com/

I also had a curious squeak or squeal when we were driving the coach. I could not figure out where the noise was coming from. I finally fixed it; the sound was coming from the slide out lock rubbing against the metal wall piece when the slide is in the closed position. I found some thin UHMW strips (for wood drawers) at Rockler. Just cut a couple of 1" strips and stuck them on the metal wall piece-no more squeak1
525 hp C13