Author Topic: Rubber seal from window coming loose  (Read 1663 times)

Jason Worman

Rubber seal from window coming loose
« on: July 04, 2021, 02:35:16 AM »
Hi All

Happy 4th of July everybody. Cleaning the coach today and noticed window gasket around right living area popping out, included a picture. Any thoughts on what to use to reseal?

Thank you

Jason Worman

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Rubber seal from window coming loose
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 03:36:05 AM »
Jason
Those window seals are dove tailed into the window frame it has shrunk with a age and is pulling out of the dovetails at the corner it should be as simple as finding the end to pull the strip back out of the frame and reset it by taping it back into place you will likely find it to be a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch too short when done just make up the end gap with some  sealant .

PS : be careful not to break the glass taping the trim in place.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Rubber seal from window coming loose
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 03:37:44 AM »
We have the same issue with one window that started several years ago.  I spent some time looking through internet searches and found many videos with great info on everything from replacing the creeping seals to taking the double pane windows apart and cleaning the interior surfaces.  With the knowledge provided on the internet, I believe a person can do it all himself.  In the event you want to hire it done, be prepared to pay from $100 to $300 per window.  This link was one I found in one of the videos:

https://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com/
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!