Author Topic: New camera installation wire routing?  (Read 8140 times)

Mike And Mary Engen

New camera installation wire routing?
« on: April 15, 2009, 01:04:46 PM »
Wondering if anybody else has wanted to upgrade their rear camera system? I have a black and white Intec monitor/camera that is was OEM on the coach, this unit works fine, but only looks down at our toad.

We also have a dash mounted Pioneer navigation system that has an option to tie-in a color camera, but the camera was never installed.
I have the camera and would like to install it so I could look beyond our toad. Is there any hidden pull wires or hidden wire channels to route these wires front to back or will I have to route them under the chassis?

briankane

Re: New camera installation wire routing?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:51:35 AM »
We did this on our trailer and camera mounted and connected to our GPS.

One of the options was to has 3/4 rear view and the 1/3 as the GPS. works great and simple RCA cable connection.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »
As I understand, the rear camera wiring on a '95 Patriot was routed though the roof and there was no extra video wiring installed. With the difficulty envolved in runing extra video wiring through roof you will probably have to run the new wiring down the frame rails under the coach.

Gerald  

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
Thanks guys. I was hoping for something internal as I have easy access at both ends, but nothing in between. I was hoping to keep it out of the weather, also not wanting to do any roof penetrations.

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »
The Video cable was replaced on our coach by the factory and it was along the bottom of the coach.

Mike And Mary Engen

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
Thanks Richard!

We had some beautiful weather once we arrived home, now some rain for a few days. I will put the jacks down and route the wiring as soon as the weather clears up. I had been hoping there was a hidden wire run from front to back that I could have used my fish tape on, only to keep the wiring out of the elements.

Thanks,
Mike