Author Topic: ‘99 Marquis kitchen GFCI trouble  (Read 2462 times)

John Earl

‘99 Marquis kitchen GFCI trouble
« on: July 15, 2021, 06:51:57 PM »
Hi all,
I’m new to the forum. I have a 1999 Marquis Jasper which I purchased a few months ago. I’ve replaced the GFCI (after it popped and wouldn’t reset) in the kitchen, the GFCI light is on but no power to the three outlets. Both circuit breakers are on, I’ve reset both and still nothing. Wondering if there are fuses? If so, where? Is there a third breaker? Any help is greatly appreciated!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: ‘99 Marquis kitchen GFCI trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »
Is anything plugged into any of the receptacles on that GFCI circuit?  If so, then unplug everything from the circuit and try to reset the GFCI.  It could be that whatever is plugged in has a wiring or interior short.  I suppose it could be that the GFCI circuit wiring itself has come loose, like perhaps at a wire nut, and is shorting on another wire or junction box or the coach frame.  Just thoughts on a place to start eliminating possibilities...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:03:32 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

John Earl

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 08:38:59 PM »
Thanks David, I appreciate the suggestions. Nothing plugged in to any of the outlets. It was a tight fit when I replaced the GFCI, I’ll pull it back out and check wires. Odd, the test button doesn’t seem to work either. They really left a lot of extra wire length at the box. I had a hard time fitting it back in.

Rick Daniels

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 09:56:56 PM »
here is the wiring diagram for the 99 Marquis Jasper (same as mine).  Lower left shows the path from the galley wall GFI.  One of the outfeeds is labeled STV.  Does anyone know what that stands for?
1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper 40' Cat C-12
2020 Chev 1500 High Country
Three Forks, Montana
"Where the Missouri River Begins"

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 11:19:31 PM »
On our 99 Patriot Thunder, had a GFCI problem and found a GFCI box in the basement.  Replaced it and the kitchen outlet and it worked fine after that.  Might look down there.  I don't remember exactly where it was as that was 15 years ago, but think it was on the ceiling of the basement.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 11:25:43 PM »
STV might be stove.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 01:28:28 AM »
Many here will remember some years back a former member, Ed Buker, advised that we be careful replacing GFCI's because there are inexpensive ones that trip too easily.  Always look for those that are built by known quality companies and don't buy the lowest priced.  It's proved to be good advice.  GFCI's come in more than one flavor.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 02:00:43 AM »
    John.
  On the ceiling of the 4th compartment on the passenger side is the sub-panel of circuit breakers that come from the inverter pass-thru circuit that feed the identified circuits. The ignitor on the stove is also fed by one of these circuits that David is referring to. Check for 120volt power at that sub-panel, if ok replace all the GFCI breakers downstream as they are old and obsolete. If no 120 volt power to the sub-panel, check for a tripped circuit breaker on the inverter or a tripped circuit breaker back in the closet identified as 30 amp inverter. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

John Earl

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 10:54:54 PM »
A very big THANK YOU to everyone! Using the schematics and info from you all, we now have power in the kitchen! (My wife thanks you too!)