Author Topic: RVA Leveling  (Read 1857 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
RVA Leveling
« on: July 21, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
We have RVA Hydraulic leveling in our 2004 Marquis. Slides work well and all three jacks work… but noticed last weekend that front of coach was lower than the rear.   Tried lifting the front and could feel the jack lift a little bit no further.  Got under coach and measured front jack extension…. It had extended about 7” which seems far short of what it should extend.

Anybody have a similar issue?  Fluid is full.  Pump is working but maybe weak?  Maybe a jack whose seals are leaking internally?   The slides (operated by the same pump) are working fine although I suspect they require far less pressure that the leveling jacks. 

Thanks!!!
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: RVA Leveling
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 01:10:05 AM »
We probably have the same system on our 2004 Marquis Sapphire.  When you leveled with the hydraulic jacks, did you do so with manual or auto mode?

I don't use hydraulic leveling much but I almost always use auto leveling mode whether by using air or hydraulic leveling.  The front jack should touch down first and raise the coach's nose a few inches, followed shortly thereafter by the two rear jacks touching down.  The nose, after raising a few inches, will not go down... only up later if it needs to raise the nose more.  Then the system proceeds to perform its leveling by raising the rear or front, whichever is needed, and raising the left or right sides, whichever is needed.

Does this sound similar to the way yours operates?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 01:16:19 AM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 01:28:16 AM »
David - I always level manually.  When I first got the coach the auto leveling cause a corner of the windshield to pop out.   

The front jacks will definitely raise the coach a little.  RVA told me that the front jacks has about 17” of travel but the most I am seeing is 7”-8”. 
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 05:22:13 AM »
Rich, are you positive the reservoir is full when the jacks are fully up? Reason I ask is, my 04 Thunder only has the RVA hydraulic levelers and the tank/reservoir is quite small. I had a leaky jack and if the tank was a cup low all the jacks would not fully extend. Been there on the windshield also. Marty

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 01:55:08 PM »
Rich
You are probably right on the fluid by pass issue causing the jack not to raise fully but the bypass may not be in the cylinder it may be at the control solenoid valve for that jack .
I'd first raise all the jacks and then remove the solenoid valve for your front Jack and inspect the O rings on that solenoid you may find a bad or broken O ring allowing the fluid by pass.

Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.