Author Topic: Aquahot and generator exhaust re-routing  (Read 2701 times)

Adam Hicklin

Aquahot and generator exhaust re-routing
« on: August 28, 2021, 08:15:54 PM »
Both Aquahot and generator exhaust pipe run from the unit, under the coach, under the axle, and out the rear.  This has always been problematic backing in to my driveway as I have to get over a hump and then a down incline. The pipes scrape or come very close depending on how much I can raise the rear of the coach.  I was thinking or re-routing the pipes out the driver side just past the slide.  Essentially they would come out under the water control bin.  There are no windows in that area.  What are your thoughts?  Potential down sides?  Thanks.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Aquahot and generator exhaust re-routing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:40:37 PM »
On our 2004 Marquis, the Aquahot exhaust ends exactly under the water bay door, streetside and fore of the dual axle.  Our generator is on a front slide and its exhaust ends under the electrical bay door, streetside and fore of the steering axle.  The only problem has been when parking in close proximity, our streetside neighbors get both exhaust streams.  If needed, we have a Gen-Turi to attach to the generator exhaust pipe to re-direct its exhaust either forward or vertical.

Note that when the generator is on a slide, then its exhaust can be fixed only to the slide such that it can move with the slide.

2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Adam Hicklin

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 09:27:55 PM »
Thanks David. My generator is fixed.  Doesn’t slide or move with the slide out. Ya, I was considering the neighbors. Depending on the campground we always have people to the side.  Maybe 50% of the time we have people to the rear.  Something to consider.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 12:47:41 AM »
Adam,
If you are in a park you should be able to use shore power, negating the need for both geni and diesel power for Aqua/Hydo Hot, (unless you take long showers). Routing the exhausts out the side of the coach is pretty standard  these days so I wouldn't worry too much about it in any case.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Bob Stone