Author Topic: HWH Air Leveling System power/reset  (Read 3253 times)

Paul Stark

• BAC Member
HWH Air Leveling System power/reset
« on: October 21, 2021, 08:04:36 PM »
Lost my battery system last month and had to replace all of the house batteries.  Since then the HWH air leveling system does not respond, no power.  I can't seem to find a fuse or a reset button, do they exist or do I need to take the unit to the RV hospital?
Paul & Wanda
2005 Monaco Patriot Ticonderoga
CAT C9 400hp
37 ft

Mike Shumack

Re: HWH Air Leveling System power/reset
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 08:41:04 PM »
On my '05 PT, the HWH reset button is in the front Electrical Bay compartment next the generator slideout switch.

Paul Stark

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:16:45 PM »
Okay, I pressed that with the key on, does not go out.
Paul & Wanda
CAT C9 400hp
37 ft

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 12:07:00 AM »
Paul, not sure if you have the HWH manual with the troubleshooting steps but suggest you download the manual. See picture below.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden
The following users thanked this post: Paul Stark

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 01:22:51 AM »

What does this mean? I don't understand. The reset button for the air leveling  is next to the toggle switch that powers the generator slide in and out. Here is a picture of the button that should reset your HWH air leveling. If you click on the picture, it will enlarge, and re-orient.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 02:03:27 AM »
Paul,
Coach Assist has the series 2000 HWH Air Leveling System service manual.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 03:07:19 PM »

If the Light on the reset button is On, go into Coach and press the Travel button, the travel light should turn green and the light on the reset button should then go out.

Paul Stark

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 10:56:16 PM »
Nothing happens, no lights other than the reset light in the electrical compartment.
Paul & Wanda
CAT C9 400hp
37 ft

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 01:18:21 AM »
Paul,
If you haven't yet , suggest you access the HWH Air Leveling service manual in Coach Assist. Your problem may be a bad control box but there are a number of checks you can do to verify if you have power to the control box or not. The system should go to travel mode if the red reset light is on and the ignition is on.
Also access pg 29 of the 2004 Patriot wiring diagrams in CA. CB-5 in the front elec bay supplies 12v to the HWH ECU and the air compressor relay thru a 15A fuse. Doubt fuse is you problem though based on your stated symptoms. Also CB-24 supplies 12v to the ECU when ignition is on. Verify there is 12v present at those CBs.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Paul Stark

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 08:59:01 PM »
Sorry its been so long for me to respond, travel to Quartzsite, AZ slowly because of back injury and no internet.

According to HWH manual step 1a in Coach Assist, the box is bad. 
I used your wiring info try to check the fuse and power to the posts you mentioned.
The wiring diagram on the lid of my wiring compartment does not match the 2004 Patriot wiring posts in Coach Assist.  What I did was to the use the diagram in my wiring compartment to check any marked HWH for power.  Second there is not a fuse between any post labeled HWH and the power (in fact, there is only one fuse I can find in the whole compartment).
On my physical unit HWH box it says Model AP31482 SN: 56.  Near as I can see the HWH online site indicates my box numbers begin 2004 and indicates MR15.3125 and the control box is a 325A series. 
Any ideas where and/or who works on these systems?
Was going to send attachments of the diagram and compartment because I'm not long on electrical things, but at 300kb the schematic is so bad as to be useless.
Thanks for your help, the response from you and everyone has always been great!
Paul & Wanda
CAT C9 400hp
37 ft

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 09:27:54 PM »
Our coach is a 2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire with HWH air leveling.  Its air leveling has been repaired twice in the past five or six years.  Both times, the circuit boards out of its control box (found on the ceiling of the electrical bay behind the foremost basement door, streetside) were sent to HWH for repair.  The most recent repair was in May/June 2019.  Bob's Diesel, located in Yuma, AZ, was our local repair firm for this job.  The Bob's Diesel technician determined the circuit boards in the control box were the problem.  After his diagnosis, the tech removed the boards, sent them to HWH, and after about two months, HWH returned them after having replaced a couple of ICs and a couple of other parts.  When the circuit boards were reinstalled, the air leveling worked like new again.  Recall, this time period was in the first several months of the Chinese Virus pandemic.  HWH was operating with a skeleton crew making turn-around time for repairs quite lengthy.

If memory serves, HWH parts labeled "P..." are original to the coach's manufacture date, while parts labeled "AP..." are subsequent replacement parts.  Thus, my opinion would be your parts labeled "AP..." are likely repair parts.

Our coach may have an HWH reset button somewhere but there is not an HWH reset button located near the generator slide button in our electrical bay.  Its reset button may be located in the HWH control box with the circuit boards... I don't know.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 10:09:41 PM »
You can call Paul at HWH. He posts on the irv2 forum and freely gives out his personal phone number. I have called him before for help. He is good about returning calls and says he here to help owners through their issues. His number is 928-277-5567 and 602-549-3638 (mobile).