Author Topic: TV lift drops down while driving  (Read 1649 times)

Tom James

TV lift drops down while driving
« on: November 28, 2021, 04:36:33 PM »
The TV lift in my 2006 Patriot Thunder will not stay in the upright position.  It started dropping down only while driving and now will not even lift itself up without assistance.  Nor will it stay up at any time now.  Thanks for any help in advance.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: TV lift drops down while driving
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 07:21:00 PM »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Tom James

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 09:31:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
I have looked at all of the posts and none of them addresses the TV dropping down.  Most of them is for the TV not dropping down when using it.  And the Trouble Shooting Guide also does not address my problem.
Thanks again for the help.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 09:01:33 PM »
I have a similar problem - my TV will drop down a couple of inches while driving from all the road bumps. I've thought about adding a sliding latch of some sort (another Coach owner did it on his Monaco). In my case the TV goes back up without problem (I just need to stop the Coach or wait until I need fuel, then run it back it).

@Tom - But it sounds like your problem is a little worse if the TV won't go back to its stored position without some help. I suspect the motor is worn out.
There is a guy on the irv2 site that has a lift motor available for sale (at least he did a year or so ago).

This is the style motor used - if this looks like yours, and you need one, I can try to get you the contact info for the guy that is (was) selling it. PM me.