Author Topic: Running aquahot with no fresh water pressure  (Read 1246 times)

Gene Obie

• BAC Member
Running aquahot with no fresh water pressure
« on: December 16, 2021, 05:47:03 PM »
I'm taking 3-4wks off and traveling away from coach over the holidays. I will leave the coach at RV park with shore power and want to keep Aquahot electric heat on (diesel off) but want to turn shore water and coach water pump off just in case there's some sort of water leak. Is it ok to run Aquahot for extended period this way? AH coolant fluids are good and there's fresh water in the system - it's just the water pressure may not hold for 3wks.

Another alternative is just to keep electric radiator style heater in the coach set at 50deg or so.. but I won't get basement heat if I do that. Temps at my location here in AZ are dropping into the 30's now at night. Hard to say what will happen over next 4wks temp wise and don't want to risk freeze-up while I'm away.

Thanks
-Gene

2005 Beaver Marquis, Ruby 40, C-13 Cat 525HP, Allison 4k
Towing 2018 F-150
Washington

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Running aquahot with no fresh water pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »
Gene, Do you have a Pirit heated water hose for your shore water connection? I would use one of those, and keep a faucet or two open just dribbling water. And you can leave your AH electric on this way. And don't forget to disconnect and drain your ice maker water line.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."