Author Topic: Plumbing Problem  (Read 5465 times)

Randy Perry

Plumbing Problem
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
Our bathroom faucet isn't working?? When you turn on (hot or cold) it's just a trickle! Everything else works?? We're in Santa Cruz until Monday and its a pain without the use of the bathroom sink (more so for the wife  ;)) Anybody have an idea where my problem lies!

Gerald Farris

Re: Plumbing Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
Randy,
There are two problems that are the highest probability of causing your problem. First check the water manifold in the sewer bay and make sure that the valve for the faucet is completely turned on. If it is unscrew the aerator at the faucet outlet and clean the screen and aerator disc.

Gerald    

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
Gerald is right on again. We had the very same trouble and it was the aerator at the faucet. I just removed it and cleaned it up, life was good again!
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
I have to agree with Gerald and Larry, Randy.  Since both hot and cold are weak, it's likely that debris or calcium has blocked off your aerator screen.  It's not likely that both your hot and cold bathroom manifold valves are inadvertantly and equally closed off, though if the aerator is not fouled, check the manifold too, as Gerald suggests.

And if as suspected your aerator isn't whistle clean, I'd remove and check any other faucet aerators in the coach while I'm at it.  They're all fed from the same sources and probably all could use cleaning.

Let us know the outcome.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Randy Perry

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 05:12:04 AM »
Bingo ;D Much thanks Gerald, Larry & Joel! We're back on line!!

Ya know what they say.........."A happy wife, is a happy life"  ;)

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »
That is great news!! I know what you mean about your wife being happy. I definitely want to keep mine happy so I can enjoy this life style as long as possible. Safe travels!
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Randy Perry

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 05:28:25 AM »
I have to comment on how helpful this forum has been for me! From the most complicated to the most "stupid" of questions, I can get an answer that will most likely save me money!! Thank you all!!!