Author Topic: Urgent issue with Passenger rear slide wont operate. Cant leave Park  (Read 1958 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
The passenger rear slide on 2004 Monterey wont come in. Check and cleaned contacts on switch,  checked 12 volt fuse.
Where do I look next, never had a problem with slide before.
Darrell Terry
503-547-7819
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC
The following users thanked this post: Tim Hanson

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Urgent issue with Passenger rear slide wont operate. Cant leave Park
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:40:21 PM »
Our Beaver is a 2004 Marquis.  Several years ago, our streetside, electric, bedroom slide would not retract.  The switches were good and the power was good.  When a friend's son, a United Airlines mechanic, came to look at it, he tugged gently on the wires under the bed that are attached to the motor and brake.  The wires just came easily off their attachment points.  The slide had gone out okay but would not retract, and we also were in an RV park.  In ten minutes he had checked the switches, breakers, and power, and adjusted the in-and-out stops.  We lifted and blocked up the bed, and he tugged on the wiring which immediately uncovered the problem.  He had the bed working again in thirty minutes total time from arriving.  He moved the wiring a bit and fastened it to the side of its prior position such that the wiring would never again get caught on the under-bed mechanism and would be clear of any catch-points.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 08:48:14 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks David,

My issue is the Passenger side rear hydraulic slide. Power to switch and fuse good. No noise or movement from slide.
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »
I had an issue with my slide not operating recently. The problem was a wire had come off the solenoid that is attached to the hydraulic pump. Reattached and everything was fine. I believe it popped off while traveling down some roads.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Richard Davis

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 08:30:57 PM »
Darrell
I have a 2006 Monterey, so I am not sure if your slides are the same as mine.  Mine are HWH hydraulic slides.  The hydraulic pump is mounted on the passenger side behind the front door step.  It uses the same pump for all slides.  There are separate solenoids for each slide.  You may have a solenoid that has failed or become electrically disconnected.  There are also small "T" handles next to each solenoid that allow the pressure to be released in order to manually "push" the slide in.  It takes a number of strong men to push the slide in manually, so I hope you do not need to go to that extreme.  Good luck with your issue.
Richard
06 Monterey Ventura IV, C9 400 hp

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Slideout wiring diagrams / 2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »
Where can I locate a wiring diagram for the slideouts on our 2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna.
Or the location of a fuse box or module for the Passenger-side Bedroom room slide out.

I have a considerable amount of information that came with our RV including Owners manual but nothing about slides.
I have HWH leveling wiring diagrams but it does not show wiring for slides.

I spoke with Shawn at BCS yesterday trying to figure out why my passenger-side rear bedroom slide is inop.     ( Hydraulic slide -Not the Electric bed slide )
He expects there is a fuse box or module somewhere in RV with a failed fuse although neither he nor Jeremy knew where it might be located.

I checked under the bed, behind and under drawers in bed slide cabinet. In battery bay below slide.

Any help would be appreciated, RV park has allowed me a few more days to repair but I'm stuck.

Darrell Terry
503-547-7819
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 04:57:06 PM »
Darrell,
Coach Assist has the manual for the HWH Hydraulic Spacemaker Room Slides.  Very few if any coach wiring diagrams show the electrical diagrams for the slides. I think you'll have to trace the wiring from the solenoid block to find the fuse. A wire tracer/toner is a great addition to you tool set.

I merged your two posts into a single topic. Multiple threads on the same topic are confusing and make searching for them laterr very difficult.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 05:23:22 PM »
Steve -
Is Coach Assist a website ?  Can you send me a link ?

Darrell
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 11:44:11 PM »
Darrell, I hope you have found "Coach Assist" by now.  If not you must be logged in to download documents.

Here is the link:

https://www.beaveramb.org/Coach-Assist.  (Once logged in select the dropdown under "Technical"  you will see "Coach Assist."

Good luck!
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 03:16:43 AM »
Thanks for all your input.

Jared's Mobile RV Service in Santa Rosa, CA area got me up and running.  Highly recommend
Two issues
1) Loose wire on relay attached to Hydraulic pump motor.
2) Bent lug and melted Insulator on power connection to pump motor,  electricity was arching to case.

Jared secured connection on relay and moved power connector enough to prevent arching.
I plan to purchase new pump motor and have Jared replace.

Where is best place to purchace HWH Spacemaker parts.   Pump Motor -  Part Number  #08053  12 volt

Thanks again
Darrell
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC