Author Topic: Prosine 2.0 error problem  (Read 1332 times)

Brian Furlotte

• BAC Member
Prosine 2.0 error problem
« on: March 24, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »
Problem: Prosine display panel shows a fault of "Prosine Error: Memory Fault"

Hello all.  I recently purchased a like new 2002 Beaver Patriot Princeton.  Everything worked fine and drove it the 3.5 hours home in a wicked 40 mph cross wind, so that was my introduction to motor coaches.  Put it in storage and realized I forgot to get an AC adapter since I do not have a 50 amp plug in storage.  So it went a few days without solar or 110v input.

The house batteries were 6 years old, so I knew they needed to be replaced.  But over two days they dropped down below 6volts.  So I fired up the generator thinking that would give some house power while I was tinkering around learning more about the coach.  It was then I realized that the 110v from the Prosine was not working.  No microwave power, no 110v power in outlets and the kitchen lights did not work.  Checked the prosine display and it was showing 0 AC volts / amps in or out.  With no AC in, it is not charging the batteries either.  I checked breakers and traced wires to confirm that 110v AC is present on the incoming power lines.  The display does have an error of "Prosine Error: Memory Fault".  I tried to clear the fault, but it does not go away.  I put new batteries in the coach, they are working fine.  The solar charger is working fine.  Everything seems to be working, but the Prosine is not seeing the 110v in and is not generating 110v out.  I confirmed the sub panel on the outlet side of the Prosine does not have 110v to it.  I also removed power from coach when replacing the batteries, so everything sat with no power overnight, wondering if that would reboot the Prosine.

Any thoughts from the knowledge base here before I try Santrex or replacing parts?  Coach is beautiful, damn near new after 20 years.

Thank you.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Prosine 2.0 error problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 03:01:55 AM »
     Brian,
There is a small reset button on the side of the Prosine where the RJ-11 data cables plug into the unit. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Brian Furlotte

• BAC Member
Re: Prosine 2.0 error problem
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 01:41:52 PM »
I am not seeing a reset button.

Added a couple of pictures of the unit.  thank you.