Author Topic: 2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Speedometer and Blinker issues  (Read 1277 times)

Zach Daniels

Hello all,

New here to the forum as well as to my Patriot. So far so good though, only a couple minor issues I am hoping you all might have some insight too.

2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Cat C12 505hp on a Roadmaster chassis with 3 slides, Yorktown Floor Plan and its grey if that helps, hahahaha!

My speedometer is about 10mph off according to my aladdin system and GPS. Best I can figure out it is a Beede Speedo. I think I figured out how to calibrate it but in the manual I found it wants: 
1. Axle ratio which I don't know.
2. And it wants "NUMBER OF PULSES/REV OF PULSE GENERATOR" and I have no idea what that is either.
Any ideas on either of those?

And secondly, my blinker. When I turn it on there is a random "dinging." At first I thought it was a lane sensor or something of the sort. But I don't think I have that nor does that line up with use. Its possible there should be a constant dinging like in a car when your blinker is on and mine just isn't working properly. When its not dinging it is silent other than the faint click of the switch activating. This is a minor issue but none the less I thought I would ask.

Thanks!
Zach Daniels

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: 2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Speedometer and Blinker issues
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »
Zach, I'll chime in on one of your issues: The random chime you hear when the turn signal is on is the "old man" turn signal reminder. If you have your foot on the brake and the turn signal on, then you will not hear the Old Man chime. Once your foot is off the brake, the chime reminds you to turn off your blinker as you sail down the road.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Zach Daniels

Re: 2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Speedometer and Blinker issues
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 08:49:58 PM »
That makes a ton of sense! Thank you for the answer!