Author Topic: 06 PT 525 12v air compressor location and fuse  (Read 1333 times)

rkevincarson

06 PT 525 12v air compressor location and fuse
« on: June 23, 2022, 01:41:00 AM »
It appears that my 12v air compressor is not working.  My question is, where is it located and is there a fuse some (maybe in-line) for it?  Before I go hunting I thought someone could point me in the right direction.  It may also just be the pressure sensor is bad, I hear that is pretty common too. 

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: 06 PT 525 12v air compressor location and fuse
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 02:40:11 AM »
For coaches a few years older (like ours), the electric air compressor for maintaining leveling airbag pressure while parked is located behind the front cap to the right side (I believe) of the generator.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 08:28:04 AM »
With some trepidation, Kevin, I might suggest it’s in the same location as on our Monterey of the same year.  But experience here on the Forum has taught me that the compressor can be elsewhere on some models.  So, aware of that possibility, check where David said… between the staircase and the generator under the front cap.  Also located there is the slideout hydraulic tank, pump, and manifold of solenoids.

Realize that the compressor only works when you camp using the automatic leveling feature, not if you manually level.  The controller, likely on the ceiling of the electrical bay (streetside front-most), wakes up every half hour (?) or so and checks the level status, kicking on the compressor if one corner needs a slight lift.

When your finally stumble across the device, check that it’s wire connections and ground are good.  You could jumper from a known hot 12v source to see if it responds. There may be a solenoid where a heavier red wire would be the one to jumper, I’m not sure.   There may be a fuse involved too or a pressure switch.  If none are the cause, consider what many here have done;  replace it with a higher quality ViAir brand compressor.  The factory ones aren’t up to snuff given where they’re located, exposed to road debris and water.

Below is a diagram I tripped over but haven’t really perused much.  It might have info you can use, or it may be totally irrelevant.  I don’t think ours has its complexity.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:02:55 PM »
On our 06PT the compressor was just in front of the passenger rear wheel the pump was an open winding style from HWH air leveling. Monaco installed the  compressor in a very bad location all the road grim came off the tires is caused the compressor to fail after 6 -8 years. I replaced it with a Viair pump. I don't recall the model but it bolted into the original mount location. The plus for me was the viair compressor has a sealed motor. I did have to run a new power wire for the rear breaker box as the viair did require a 20 amp breaker. The change also provided a faster supply of air and improved the overall operation of the HWH system  The company has a great web site I think I used the 380 model or possibly the 275   
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:46:26 PM by Jerry Carr »
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley