Author Topic: Quartzite; holding tank pumpouts  (Read 2869 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Quartzite; holding tank pumpouts
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:37:07 PM »
Roadrunner BLM campground. Does anyone offer pumpouts on site? Also water delivery; I remember taking on water at a faucet (I think) at one of the BLM campgrounds; is this still the norm? Our beaver has only one way to take on fresh water and that is from a pressurized faucet. For both questions, I know about RV Pit Stop and other campgrounds in town that offer holding tank dumps, but is there anyone doing pumpouts or water delivery in the BLM campgrounds? We last visited Quartzite madness 8 years ago (gas was $1.99 at one station).
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Quartzite; holding tank pumpouts
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 07:34:02 PM »
I GOOGLE Searched for mobile RV waste tank pumpouts and found one in Blythe, CA.  The following is the firm's reply to my inquiry.

"Hello David,

"Yes we will be servicing all the BLM areas. Since it is a group, we will need to know the dates they will be there, the location and how many RV's want service. It get so busy that we schedule a certain day to do groups. The price for the service is $45.00 per RV. We do the gray and black tanks. Unfortunately we do not deliver water. If you find someone who dose PLEASE be careful. Some say they are a professional water service and are not. Check their equipment and credentials like a permit before you buy. Please have the person in charge of the Beaver Rally call me and I will do my best to take of them. Thank you for the opportunity to do business with the Beaver Rally.

"Best Regards, 

"Celeste Barnett
All Pro Pumping
1354 E. Hobsonway
Blythe, Ca 92225
(760)922-6525"

So, Bill, there ya' go.  When I parked on BLM at Road Runner for a couple of weeks and to avoid driving into Quartzsite, I purchased a 45-gallon bladder that fit into the backseat of my pickup and purchased a small 120v water pump.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:37:05 PM »
Here is a list of companies that offer that service.

http://www.rvquartzsite.com/directory/categories/sewer-pumpout/
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold
The following users thanked this post: Bill Lampkin

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 12:02:17 AM »
Do you recall if there is water from a faucet available at one of the BLM campgrounds?
525 hp C13

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 12:39:19 AM »
There is but, for a fee.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has set aside six areas for dispersed camping or boondocking around Quartzsite. The largest area, called the La Posa Long-Term Visitor Area (LTVA), is located just south of town off the US-95. To boondock at the LTVA you must purchase either a $40 permit for two weeks or a $180 permit for seven months (September to April). This fee includes garbage, potable water, and dump station access.

https://www.truckcamperadventure.com/quartzsite-boondocking-tips-and-tricks/
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:41:51 AM »
Yes, fresh water and dumps are available at the BLM Long-Term Visitor Areas (LTVAs) but not at the BLM Short-Term Visitor Areas (STVAs).  It has been several years since we stayed at the LaPosa South LTVA just North of the Road Runner STVA.  At BLM LTVAs, you can stay for two weeks for $40 or stay all Winter for $180 (if the prices and length-of-stays have not changed).  At STVAs, you can stay for two weeks for no charge but there is no fresh water or dumps available.

Years ago (perhaps six or seven years), we paid for two weeks at the LaPosa South LTVA and stayed for only a week before moving to the Road Runner STVA to attend the Beaver Rally.  Before moving to Road Runner, we dumped all the waste tanks and filled with water.  Then a week or so later while at Road Runner I paid a mobile RV dumping unit to empty the tanks.  Since I still had time left at the LTVA, I drove my pickup there to get a couple of bladders of fresh water to pump into the RV.  If I remember correctly, the mobile RV dump was working out of Blythe, CA and its cost was $25.

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 12:17:58 AM »
When we have needed to fill with water and/or dump our tanks while in Quartzsite we have always used
Tumbleweed RV Park at 600 East Kuehn. They charge $10 for water or $20 for water and dump. He has multiple
Lanes for both and there is never a wait. He is also located east of highway 95 and away from most of the hustle and bustle of ‘Q’.
BAC members since 2006

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 12:33:05 AM »
thanks all for the good info- We stayed at an area just south of the big tent, I recall moving to another site again to the south somewhat and there was water and  a dump station. Hope to meet you all there this year!
525 hp C13

David T. Richelderfer

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 12:48:49 AM »
Yes, the Tumbleweed RV Park is easy in and out.  It used to be called Rose's RV Park and was owned/managed by an older gentleman with the help of one, maybe two employees.  Rose's RV Park also had a mobile propane truck and made deliveries.  The old gentleman didn't get around too well and lived in a large motorhome near the entry gate.  After he died, the park changed hands and was renamed.

The problem with this RV park is the RV must go to it for dumping and water refilling.  From the usual Road Runner rally point, that would be at least five or six miles each way.

We have stayed at Rose's RV Park several times because it was easy to get in and out for a large RV.  There are no amenities such as grass, a fenced dog run, etc., and the I10 freeway that borders the north edge of the property can be heard.  But there is plenty of open space to walk your dog and the flea market east of US95 is within a walkable distance.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:00:23 PM by David T. Richelderfer »