Author Topic: 98 Beaver Motorcoach fresh water tank  (Read 1730 times)

Randy Keaveny

• BAC Member
98 Beaver Motorcoach fresh water tank
« on: September 04, 2022, 05:24:40 PM »
is there a drain specifically for the fresh water tank??   like under neath or somewhere hidden??  i found what i believe to be the grey/black water tanks...kinda access area in the bay....passenger side....but not the fresh water tank.....
reasoning is....when i left this last time...it was still showing 1/2 tank...which....is wrong...since i didnt use the tank...i was on city water...but...i need to ensure its drained completely come winter time??

anyone??

Thanks
Randy
1998 Patriot

John Fitzgerald

Re: 98 Beaver Motorcoach fresh water tank
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 05:50:37 PM »
My 1995 Marquis fresh water drain valve handle is under electrical bay on the drivers side.  I do not know if your chassis is the same.
The following users thanked this post: Randy Keaveny

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 10:00:55 PM »
Randy
Not knowing what model Beaver you have makes it harder to be sure but the Patriots have their water tank mounted between the
Frame rails in the forward most bay .
In the case of my unit it has a gate valve at the right ( passenger side) front corner of the water tank connected to an 1 1/2 inch ABS pipe which dumps the water tank directly down and through the bay floor onto the ground.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Randy Keaveny

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 07:28:50 PM »
Thanks all....yes....mine is the patriot....37 ft   1998...on the fill side  (drivers side)  there is a water dump for hot and cold...but...i am now realizing that is prob just for the lines...not the tank...i will look again for this valve to completely dump my fresh water tank...

thx
Randy
1998 Patriot

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 12:47:38 AM »
Randy ,
The valve can be a little hard to see, at least on mine where it blends in with the carpet and is boxed in above the slideout tray.

I am sure they are the same, and if you pull the valve you should immediately hear water running out under the MH. 
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126

Randy Keaveny

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »
going back down in a few weeks.....i will certainly take a look....i have a water leak on the water panel...not sure if its the old pull out spout with hot and water mix thats on top  or somewhere else since i cannot get it all the way out...but....am looking for info on what type of valve those are ...are they specific or have to be an RV type??
1998 Patriot

Randy Keaveny

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 05:32:40 PM »
This is my panel.   
1998 Patriot

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 01:08:42 AM »
Randy,

That is your water manifold system.  Basically a bunch of plastic valves that screw together that allow you to turn off the water to any of the inside lines.  They are also known to leak.  If your leak is there you may be able to stop it by simply tightening up one of the valves, or you may have to replace it.

On my coach I replaced my plastic manifold with a copper one and added new 1/4 turn pex cutoff valves.  I also added two valves at the bottom to drain the manifold on the hot and cold side.

The drain for your water tank is on the passenger side in the storage compartment and as stated by Eric it drains out of the bottom of the coach.  If you look under the coach you can see a short pipe sticking through the floor.

Also the pipes inside the water manifold area are really tight.  You probably don't want to have to go in there to fix things to many times.   

Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126