Author Topic: Kwiki Steps  (Read 1622 times)

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Kwiki Steps
« on: August 23, 2022, 01:24:52 AM »
I wanted to post this since I have never seen it mentioned or listed as a problem before. Before my last trip, when I shut the door the steps did not come in.  I was in a hurry so my solution was to just take the steps off , leave, and deal with them later.

When I got home I hooked the wires to the steps back up and using a magnet I touched the door  switch and the steps worked again! 

I ordered a new door switch and when I pulled to old one out, on the non wired side I noticed that there was packing sticking out of the hidden side of the magnetic (non wired) switch.  I shoved the packing back into the hollow part of the door switch, put it back into the door, and the steps worked again!

Later after the door heated up the packing expanded back out and the steps quit working again.  This time I shoved the packing back in and put a thin piece of duct tape down both sides and around the bottom of the hollow tube holding the packing under tension, and put it back in the hole. So far it is working.  If it fails again I will put the new magnetic half in with the duct tape.

Hopefully someone can get some help from my mistakes, and not remove their steps when it wasn't needed. 
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

rkevincarson

Re: Kwiki Steps
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 01:53:51 AM »
Carl, do you happen to have any pictures?

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 12:57:35 AM »
Kevin,

I didn't take any pictures of it!  I can take one on the new one that I ordered to show how the end is not sealed.  Once the foam type stuff comes out the steps no longer work.
Carl

330 hp Cat 3126

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 01:14:40 AM »
Here are two pictures.  The white stuff on the end is a kind of foam.  Mine expanded out of the tube and made the steps not work. Really I am happy it was something that simple.  I could simply glue a magnet in place on the door. 

Hopefully this will better clarify what I was trying to explain.
Carl

330 hp Cat 3126

rkevincarson

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 01:54:49 AM »
Thank you Carl.