Author Topic: Residential Refrigerator Winterization  (Read 1381 times)

Bill Heffernan

• BAC Member
Residential Refrigerator Winterization
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:10:51 PM »
We have a JennAir residential refrigerator in our rig. What are recommended methods to winterize the water dispenser and ice maker. I've used the pink stuff to winterize everything else. I've read discussions about using air, but have not been able to figure out how to piece together a device to connect my compressor to the water line. Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks!
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder
45'
C-13

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Residential Refrigerator Winterization
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 03:44:04 PM »
Bill,
I may be mistaken but I think you need to apply air to the ice maker end of the water line since there is valve at the ice maker that only opens when the ice maker demands water. I would disconnect the line at the rear of the reefer and at the pump side of the filter at the water pump and blow it out toward the water pump.  If the line on the back of the reefer doesn't have an bends in it, it will probably drain by itself once you've disconnected it. Alternately if you can get to the back of the ice maker and disconnect the line there and apply air, you will be sure the line is empty. Check the ice maker but it shouldn't have any water in it if it has cycled. If there is any, you can soak it up with a microfiber cloth. To apply air, the tip of an air blow gun should work. They are available at Lowes, HD, Ace, etc.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Blow-Gun-Kit-7-Piece-18249HOM/205331812
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp