Author Topic: Dash Gauges  (Read 5838 times)

Bill Hurst

Dash Gauges
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
I own a 2008 Patroit Thunder.  Got in MH on saturday and all dash gauges were not working , also LED display not working.  I can not trace to a fuse.  Does anyone have suggestions.   Also, I am going to Branson Rally next week.  Does anyone know if there will be anyone available to fix my problem

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Dash Gauges
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43:02 AM »
 What is your battery voltage?

Bill Hurst

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:27:07 AM »
Battery fully chg. 13 plus.  Everything else operates: Trip Tec, Nav. system, smart wheel etc.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:43:13 AM by 14 »

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
I have never seen the dash or a schematic for an '08 Thunder. It would seem that there would be a common ground jumpered from gauge to gauge and a 12V supply possibly. Take a meter, and see if you are getting any voltage or ground connections. Sometimes the back of the gauges are marked with what the connections are for.  If it is just a common ground or a common 12V that are missing and they are all chained together, you could pick up a ground or 12V under the dash, and make a temporary bypass.

You might also call Navistar technical support or BCS, to see what connection point or source of this problem is likely.  It may be something more complicated, if this is some form of new multiplexed system.

Later Ed
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:23:57 PM by 14 »

Mike Nunn

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »
We had  somewhat the same issue this summer, with our Contessa. The LED on the speedometer was out, gauges not working, or were erratic, But, our coach was actually shutting down. The problem was a loose ground wire, in the box by the battery cutoff. The tech said the ground ran from the ECM.  I have had no issues, since the loose wire was fixed.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:27:17 PM by 14 »

Bill Hurst

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 05:11:52 AM »
Can not get anyone at Navistar to answer phone, in Tech department.  Should I buy a Monaco ??????
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:42:12 AM by 14 »

Bill Hurst

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:27:28 AM »
Just wanted to post , that I found the problem with my dash gauges.  While in Branson MO, took my coach to Branson Motor Coach..  They in talking with Monoco found  that the mutiplex wiring from the coach bateries through an 80 amp. circuit breaker was fried or faulty.   Monoco has had problems with this breaker.   The breaker is located in the engine compartment.  inside box that has your big boy seloniod  There are severval other breakers  I am ordering some spares  just in case this happens again  This 80 amp breakers controls most mutiplex power in front 1/3 of coach  Branson Coach was great to work with and resonablale priced    Had great time in Branson