Author Topic: Tow Connection Diode Pack  (Read 5573 times)

Joe DeWeese

Tow Connection Diode Pack
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »
     During my recent trip from Arizona to home in my 2001 Marquis, my car battery discharged totally during one day of towing, two days in a row.  This has never happened before so I am assuming that the diode pack in the tow connection has failed.  However, I can't find a diode pack anywhere on the coach.  A Beaver Coach Sales service center tech told me it was on the bed box, but I couldn't find it anywhere around there.  The Monaco tech line told me that Beaver never installed the diode pack or the tow connection.   Does anyone know if 1) the coach has the diode pack and 2) if so, where is it hidden.

Thanks,

Joe DeWeese

Jerry Pattison

Re: Tow Connection Diode Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:53:12 AM »
Joe, in my 98 Marquis, it is in the engine compartment, tied  by a couple of tie wraps.  It is easy to locate, just open the compartment door, and look inside and down.  It should be visible attached to a cross member as above.  Sort of a hokey way to install it, but there you go!  I guess you could just follow the wiring from the electrical connector on the coach and you'd find it.   ;)