Author Topic: Oil from Rubber hose  (Read 5102 times)

Sean Donohue

Oil from Rubber hose
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »
Not sure what I found today, while I was under the coach lubing... Found a hose about 2" diameter, on the passenger side, that looks like it has been leaking oil for some time.  I noticed oil spots on the toad this week, and I think it is coming from there.  Any ideas what this hose is where it is connected?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:57:21 PM by 14 »

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Oil from Rubber hose
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »
To get more specific help, please list your engine and where along the passenger side the hose is located.  Did you check the hose clamps?

Larry

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:07:31 AM »
It sounds like you are referring to the crankcase vent (road draft tube), or the dump from the air dryer.

Gerald

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:23:14 AM »
Might be worth a picture of the hose that is leaking in case it is important. One of the hoses Gerald is refering to runs vertical and is open ended at the bottom to the side of the crankcase. It will have oil deposits on it and around it on metal parts near where it vents. That is normal. If that is the hose you are refering to no photo is needed...

Later Ed

Keith Oliver

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 04:33:23 PM »
There should also be a collecting can on the end of the hose, which needs to be emptied out occasionally.  If that is missing, put one on, and no more spots on the Toad.

Sean Donohue

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
I will post a picture in a couple of days but it is a vertical hose about middle of the engine. There is no catch can on it.. is the catch can a stock item or self fabricated? Thanks

Keith Oliver

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 02:32:34 AM »
Mine look like a pill bottle, pressed into more relevant service.