Author Topic: Prosine 2.5 inverter  (Read 1714 times)

Tom Csibor

Prosine 2.5 inverter
« on: December 19, 2022, 10:41:46 PM »
2000 Beaver Marquis. All lights on the inverter remote panel are off. No power, no Reset, nothing.

12 volts from the house batteries are present at the inverter. Also, when plugged into shore power, all the 12vdc items are working. Does the Prosine have a built in converter that is still working or is there an independent converter outside of the inverter?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Prosine 2.5 inverter
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 11:26:32 PM »
  Tom,
The prosine is also a 3 stage battery charger when plugged into shore power or on generator. Check 30amp circuit breaker in the closet that says inverter. Check house battery voltage while plugged in, it should be 13.5 or higher if converter/inverter is working. (Cover solar panels if outside) There is a "reset" button that is difficult to see next to the RJ-12 phone wire plugs on the side of the inverter. You may need a mirror to see it. There is also a sub-panel mounted to the compartment ceiling in that same compartment with circuit breakers for the microwave and tv's and duplex outlets. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Tom Csibor

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 02:27:34 AM »
Thank you for this information. I have done everything you mentioned except see if it's charging the batteries. I will check this tomorrow.

The reason I asked about a converter is this. I went ahead and disconnected both chassis and coach batteries. Not the switches but removed the battery cables. Now in this mode, with absolutely no batteries, and plugged Iin to 50 Amp shore power, all the 12 volt items come on fine. Where are they getting the 12 volts from? Thank you.  Tom

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 01:50:19 PM »
   Tom,
 The only other source of 12-volt power is the 2–75-watt solar panels up on the roof. They are connected to the disconnect switch on the "battery" side terminal of the switch. This is engineered this way so the batteries will charge even if the switch is turned off while in storage. Try turning off the switch and see what happens and make sure the coach is unplugged from shore power. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Tom Csibor

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 11:17:13 PM »
Tried that as you suggested. No power to any 12 volt item. As soon as I plug shore power back in, all thev12 volt items come on. That's why I thought that there is a converter somewhere.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2022, 11:27:37 PM »
  Tom, that tells me that the inverter/charger is working and suppling 12volt. If your batteries are good, I would put them back online. (Not good to run the inverter/charger without a load against it so it can make good decisions)
  Getting back to your remote panel that controls the inverter/charger. Remove the panel and unplug the RJ12 plug for 2 minutes. Plug it back in and if good it should re-boot. If not, unplug the RJ12 plug on the inverter/charger and do the same.
Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Tom Csibor

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2022, 12:11:47 AM »
Well, the charger is definitely working. With batteries disconnected and shore power plugged in, I get about 14vdc. If I disconnect shore power, 0vdc.

I pulled the RJ 45 cable out on both sides but still no lights on the panel and no response from the buttons on the panel.

I could not find the inverter reset switch. Would you have any suggestions for that. Also, would you know where the solar panel wiring hooks up in the basement or?

Thank you. Tom.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 04:01:58 PM »
    Tom,
You ask a question that none of us have an answer for including me. I have been looking for 8 years for the Heliotrope solar controller. As I stated in reply #3, the output from the Heliotrope controller goes to the back of the "disconnect switch". It is connected to the same lug as the battery positive cable.
 The prosine owner's manual shows a picture of the "reset button" on the side of the inverter/charger. However, I am beginning to think that may not help because the charger is working. Without the remote working, you can't turn the inverter on. You may have to replace the inverter/charger. Years ago, Xantrex bought Prosine and then discontinued it. Hope things work out for you. Fred   
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Tom Csibor

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2022, 12:53:58 AM »
Thank you for all your help. Tom