Author Topic: Windshield curtain and brass catch parts  (Read 7373 times)

barbhalsell

Windshield curtain and brass catch parts
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:05 AM »
Has anyone replaced the power windshield curtain on a 2000 Pat? If so where did you find it and what was the cost? Also, we have the standard brass door catches that have the ball bearing, spring and adjustment screw. Has anyone found a source for just the ball bearing, spring and screw. All of my catches are in great shape, just missing a few of the innards.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:46:16 AM by 14 »

Butch Martin

Re: Windshield curtain and brass catch parts
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:44:32 AM »
Got mine at Beaver in Bend for both items.  

Butch

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »
When you locate the latch parts and install them, use Loctite on the screws to prevent future loss.  I used it on all of the latches in my '98 Patriot and eliminated loosing those parts.

Larry

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:30:13 AM »
[size=14]After a long exhaustive search I found the catches at Tweety's RV online.  They were called a Brass Bead Catch #H221.  They were the same as what I had but polished brass.  No biggy, they worked.  Let us know what you find out on the curtain for future reference.

http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=H221

Good Luck, Mike[/size]

[size=14]They don't say it on the specs but the price is per pair.[/size]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:20:36 AM by 2551 »

Joel Weiss

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
Quote from: Michael Kauffman
[size=14]After a long exhaustive search I found the catches at Tweety's RV online.  They were called a Brass Bead Catch #H221.  They were the same as what I had but polished brass.  No biggy, they worked.  Let us know what you find out on the curtain for future reference.

http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=H221

Good Luck, Mike[/size]

The exact replacement latches are available for ~$2 each at Hardware Hut in Spokane: http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalog-product.php?p_ref=4538

barbhalsell

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Well how cool is that! I knew that I could find the whole catch system online for a bit of money but 2 bucks is pretty cheap. I will still check with the Bend service dept. to try to get just the innards but have bookmarked the hardware place for in case.
Thanks,
Barb

barbhalsell

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »
So, I called Bend on the catches and curtain. The brass catch is only available as a whole, no parts sold seperately. About 4 bucks each so will probably order from the hardware Hut.
The curtain is not sold from Beaver Coach, however Ken gave me the phone number for Elaine at NRRV who apparently still makes this. Her number is 541-316-1477. She has different colors available and sells them for $435.00 plus shipping. I will have to do a little research to see if I can find something a little more in my price range.

barbhalsell

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
Has anyone bought replacement ready-made curtains from Camping World or one of the other online stores? They are not the right length (ours is 44, theirs up to 36 long) but they seem to be reasonable price.